Hongkong & Shenzhen (Part 2)

8:13:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Read Part 1 here!

9) Kam Wah Cafe (Hongkong)





This is another must go place.. the pineapple bun or 菠蘿油 is ultimate! They have 菠蘿油 and 菠蘿包,dun order the wrong item!  We were 'corrected' by the staff auntie that we should order the popular 菠蘿油.  The crowd and the numerous awards & articles say it all!

The bun was served slightly warm with sugary crust on top, contrasting cold melting butter and fluffiness.  Definitely a heart warming taste in simplicity, an energy booster to start the day!  I'm missing it now... 

Direction: Mongkok MTR Exit B / Prince Edward MTR Exit B / Mongkok East MTR Exit C
Address: 47 Bute Street Prince Edward 


View Larger Map

10) Sweet Dynasty (Hongkong)



I wanted to try Sweet Dynasty the last time I went HK, but the queue was too long.  This time round, we happened to chance upon it's new location and so we went ahead to try its desserts even though we just had lunch.

The mango sago pomelo presentation was nice, probably much impressive than the taste itself.  Whilst the beancurd with walnut paste was tad disappointing, the paste being too watery for our liking.

Direction: Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Exit A/C/H
Address:  Hongkong Pacific Centre, 28 Hankow Road



View Larger Map

11) Yuen Kee  Restuant  (Hongkong)




Silly me, I wanted to go eat roasted goose at Yung Kee but I mistook Yuen Kee for it! I was still wondering when I was there why the restaurant had poster saying it was best for the beef noodle instead of roasted goose. *Palm face*

'Fortunately', the fish ball noodle and the mixed meat platter (roasted goose & chicken) were still good just that quite oily lah.  The meat was tender, coupled with the garlic sauce / sweet & sour sauce,  sinful but yummy!

Direction: Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Exit B1  

Address: G/F 18B Granville Rd ( just opposite the big shopping mall, The One)


View Larger Map

4) Fuk Kee (富記粥品)


The porridge here was okay, typical Cantonese style with the kind of thickness that I've like. Ordered the roast goose & fish combination. Oh well, I just find that there wasn't much goose meat, mostly bones.  I guess, I should have ordered a side of goose meat instead.

Direction: Mongkok MTR Exit D / B 
Address:  104-106 Fa Yuen Street


View Larger Map

5) One Dim Sum (一點心)



Again, must take queue number!




Dim sum here was a tad disappointing, coupled with wrong orders. Only the bun with glutinous rice and corn porridge that we had was nice.

The fried item on the top left corner was fried egg with honey. Dun order this! It was super duper sweet and basically eating sugar and nothing else. I kenak faked because of its picture on the menu sheet.

The custard bun was again another failure... i mean without century egg was acceptable but no oozing custard flow? Custard bun in Singapore's  一點心 was definitely better. No doubt. 

But given the crowd there, I'm sure that are better items on the menu. Just dont order the 2 that I've mentioned here ba. 
 
Direction: Prince Edward, Exit A / Shop 1 & 2
Address: G/F, Kenwood Mansion, 15 Playing Field Road

Opening Hours: Mon to Fri:11am - 1230am ; Sat & Sun:10am - 1230am


View Larger Map

14) Argle Centre

Shopping paradise for the youngsters - dresses, shoes, stockings, accessories.  It's quite similar with Far East Plaza in Singapore.

Direction: Mong Kok Mrt, Exit B1 or D2


View Larger Map

There are other places that I wanted to go initially or eat but didnt because not enough time! The time I took to go Shenzhen was much longer than I thought.  Well, next time?? =p

Anyone want my itinerary, just drop me a comment (Bonus: you will be included automatically in my mailing list for updates as well).  But disclaimer first, my initial itinerary is slightly different from the places that I eventually went hor, so still have to read my blog! hahaha..

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: