Habitat Coffee

8:03:00 PM Unknown 2 Comments

HABITAT COFFEE
Venue: 233 Upper Thomson Road
Tel: 6456 2567

*********
I was browsing other ppl's blog and came to know about Habitat Coffee. It is fairly near my place, so we decided to check out the pancakes.

The first time we came here around evening time. Alas, we were told that pancakes were not available after 5.30pm. Argh, I thought pancakes are desserts, but well, here they are defined as breakfast, and the weekend brunch is only available from 10.30am - 5.30pm. So people, if you are here for the breakfast set or pancakes, remember the timing! 

The rest of the menu was not attractive to me, you know lah, the usual pasta & sandwiches, thus we dint stay for dinner.

So can you imagine my "anticipation" for the pancakes? LOL

This time round, we drove all the way there in the mid noon just for the pancakes..

Iced Chocolate - $5.90

I was rather "amazed" by how bland the iced chocolate tasted, because I thought all chocolate drinks should be thick & chocolatey. Bf said probably it was made from chocolate powder. *Shrugged* 

I think Milo (Australian) tasted better than this.

Mama's Banana Pancake - $10
(Real banana pancakes topped with maple syrup, caramelized bananas, and choco fudge)

Sad to say, I was again disappointed.

Other than the presentation, taste wise was rather passable, hard to impress. The pancakes were just not fluffy enough, and a tad dry.


The chocolate sauce was only found on the top pancake. The rest of the pancakes were either plain or soaked with maple syrup. I though a separate bowl of chocolate sauce will be a nice gesture for the customers to dip for the rest of the pancakes. I mean since the name said choco fudge and fudge is meant to be rich. The chocolate sauce here was used sparingly. *Shake head*

Bananas were not caramelized, tasted more like over-ripen bananas ~ soggy.

Overall, just normal food and an ordinary place where I polly forget...

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When was these pic taken? Just been there a couple of weeks back and the place inside doesn't look like that. *puzzled*

Unknown said...

It was really quite some time ago, probably last year?? =p

Have not been there since my visit then, so dun really know how is it now...