Kansai 16 - Kyoto (Part 2)

11:35:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Warning, I'm blasting more of my big head photo in this post  because I was donned in kimono....erm so do bear with it ya... =p


Reporting early at Kyoto Kimono Rental 41, coz we were going to dressed up in kimono before sightseeing. 

Kyoto Kimono Rental 41 (9am - 8pm)
Shikata building 5F,second building to the west from the southwest corner of Shijo St. and Kawaramashi St.
Closed on Monday

We opted for the couple plan and topped up with a hairdo for me. It took about 45mins for me to dress up and 15mins for hubby. I super blur, I thought the package comes with makeup which didnt lah, so I "sent" hubby back to the hotel and find whatever make up he can find. Again, my hotel damn good lah, go everywhere also can walk. Hahaha


The place looks like those old traditional auntie hairdresser, but it got everything you need, including bags to put our belonging!


This was the first time I wore kimono and there were so many layers, I totally lost counts. They even placed a cardboard material-like thing at my waist line; I couldnt find my waist at all.  Basically, no figure liao, not that I have one to begin with, but hey, I can say it's because of the kimono. LOL

Our first photo stop was at Kiyiomizu-dera Temple. We acted smart and walked all the way there.. No joke. It was damn hot and sweaty wearing kimono under the sun for almost 20-30 minutes. The temple is not near any train station, so if you are coming in summer like us, I think take cab is better...



And the crowd that greeted us was 'horrifying'. We went on a weekday, why so many school students! 


We 'escaped' to an air-con restaurant to cool down and eat lunch lor....


Our lunch! The tempura was sooo good! The batter was really light and crispy. Japan is really a country where anyhow pop into a restaurant, the food also nice.


We didnt go in the temple since we had been here before, so we just took pictures and left for the next spot.


Hello Kitty stuff spotted along Kiyiomizu-dera street, so cute!

Oh and one funny incident happened when we were walking to the main road. A Korean auntie stopped us and made us take picture with her son. Maybe I looked cute in Kimono? But likely is she adored my pink Kimono. Keke 

We took cab to Fushimi Inari Shrine, coz really bth the heat.  The Shrine is located right outside Fushimi-Inari (Keihan line), so is actually very convenient to go. 


act yi ge artistic...keke

It was so difficult to take a picture without other people walking by....


Anyway it was really hot, so we gave up wearing the kimono (although the rental was until 7pm) before we proceed to the next spot, Kinkakuji Temple

Again, this temple is also not near to any train station, the easiest way is to take a bus. We took bus number 205 from Saiin Station, which cost about 220 Yen. In kyoto, you board the bus from the back door and exit using the front door and make payment there as well. Just follow the locals ya. 



Ice-cream to save the day!

We took a bus back to Kyoto station and just randomly ordered ramen and dumpling for dinner and off for shopping!



Ending off now... till the next post!

0 comments: