Homemade Blueberry Cheesecake

10:10:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments



It has been a while since I make a cake....

*Awkward silence*

Okay lah, I admit. I only did tiramisu cake 2 - 3 times only. Hahaha.

Anyway, I come to learn of this simple-to-do cheesecake from my fren. No baking required! ^_^

To do this, I invested in an electric mixer at a discounted price of $58. After I have made the cheesecake, I come to realise that the electric mixer is a must! The beating & whipping is almost manually impossible.  If you insist to use your bf/hubby's arm to assist in the whole process, I suggest you to start early, coz you probably need the whole morning or so to whip/beat the cream cheese and whipped cream.

Aside to the bf/hubby: Hey you, come nearer...


*Whispering*  Trust me, just pay lah. If money can solve the "problem", it's definitely not a problem. You wont regret this investment, it will definitely save your arm..


********

Enuff of crap, let's get started now!

Credits to http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/No-Bake-Cheesecake-I/Detail.aspx. However, I have made some  changes to the ingredients as follows:-

Ingredients

  • 7 / 8 slices of digestive biscuits
  • 50g butter
  • 3 + 5 tablespoons white sugar
  • 250g cream cheese
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 200ml whipping cream
  • Topping such as blueberry, strawberry, chocolate shreds etc
P.S  For your ease of ingredients shopping, you may click on the links to see the ingredients that I've used =)

    Directions

    1. In a bowl, miss together crushed digestive biscuits ( I used the blender to crush the biscuits so that it will be rrreally fine crumbs) with melted butter and the 3 tablespoons sugar.
    2. Press into a 7 inch springform pan. Place in refrigerator until ready for use.
    3. In another bowl, beat cream cheese, 5 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice. I do away with the lemon juice purely because I did not bought it.
    4. Whip cream, and fold into cream cheese mixture.
    5. Spread into pan. Place in refrigerator for 15-20minutes.
    6. Top with blueberries filling. Freeze for 1 hour, covered with foil.
    7. Place in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving

    Some pictures to share...



    My digestive biscuit base.

    As an amateur baker... Hmm, technically I'm not a baker since this did not involve any baking ar all.. Okay, all I wanna say is, this was my first attempt so this was good enuff, less away the unevenness, the slightly bigger crumbs here & there... it was almost perfect! ^_^


    My lovely mixer at work, beating the whipped cream from liquid form to a more fluffy form. Call me sua ku whatever, but I was rather amused by how just by beating alone, the liquid can turn it into a more solid form. It was almost magical. Heehee


    Next, beat the cream cheese. See how "solid" the cream cheese was?


    Imagine trying to beat the solid form into this creamy form. The arms will probably become "handicapped" trying to accomplish this manually impossible mission. Oh well, unless your hubby/bf is a wrestler, then that's probably a harmless feat to him.


    Mix the cream cheese and whipped cream together..


    Fill in the mixture into the digestive biscuit base.  I placed this in the fridge for about 15 - 20 minutes before adding on the topping.

    Why ar?

    Hmm, okay this is purely derive from my own logical reasoning that if I put the topping without the "freezing" process, it may sink in the middle due to its weight as the mixture is still soft. Anyway, the recipe says so, so just follow lah! =p


    Top it off with super nice blueberry pie fillling. I bought this from Phoon Huat, about $8plus. Quite expensive huh? But the staff told me one can, can make a few cheesecakes. Alternative, this can be used as super expensive jam on your bread as well.

    Knowing that it can be used as jam, it doesnt mean any other jam on the rack can be used. This is used because it's less sweet and comes with whole berries.


    And proudly presenting.... Blueberry Cheesecake made by ME! ME! ME!

    *Self admiring*

    Oh beautiful.....

    Erm, please ignore the ugly newspaper.

    Finally, makan time!

    Guinea Pig 1 aka my mum: Taste like icecream. ( Icecream is nice, so I guess the cheesecake is nice?)

    Guinea Pig 2 aka my dad: I ate.  ( This is a positive remark coz my dad dun really take dairy products.. =p)

    Guinea Pig 3 aka my bf: Nice. (and he finished it and no stomachache so far. So it means its edible!)


    ********

    This is really idiot proof to do, so try it!

    As an alternative, you can mix the cream cheese with oreo biscuit, and the base with oreo biscuit as well and you got yourself a Oreo Cheesecake. The filling from the oreo biscuit can be used to replace the sugar too.

    Or maybe mix Nutella with the cream cheese, or mix the biscuit crumbs with Nutella to have a chocolately base?

    Hey, it's all up to your own creativity and imagination and that's why baking is fun. =)

    0 comments: