Himawari ~> Another Japanese Buffet

10:11:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments



HIMAWARI JAPANESE RESTURANT
Venue: 991B Alexandra #01-08/09
Contact: 6272 1110
Website: http://www.himawari.com.sg/
Daily 11.30 - 2.30pm, 6 - 10pm

*********


Another Japanese Buffet that I went.. Hoho ^^ Guess, I just have a soft spot for Japanese Stuffs, from Hello Kitty to Japanese Drama to Japanese Fashion and of coz Japanese Food!! And everything abt Japanese Food are all so good & pretty. You just cant decide what to have! SO, buffet can easily solve the "problem" for "greedy yet indecisive" ppl like me... =p



Hmm, looking at the price, Himawari was kinda on the high end. After all taxes, it was oreadi $40+ per pax for dinner. Well, judge for yourself whether it was worth it, okie?


*
*


*


*


Steamboat
Ahhh... Too bad, it was not the paper kinda of steamboat that was usually served in Japanese restaurant. But the steamboat came with lots of vege, tofu and mushroom ( including my fav GOLDEN mushrooms!). Obviously, since it was a buffet, you can actually ask for 2nd, 3rd, 4th ( ya know wat I meant) serving at your own discretion...



Chicken & Beef Shabu Shabu
 
This was actually my 2nd plate of Shabu Shabu, after repeated times of offerings by the Japanese chef himself. He was kinda free, haha.. and he went round asking people " Some more??". I paiseh to reject him lah. But the Shabu Shabu was good, especially the beef slices...



Chilli, Soya Sauce & Peanut Sauce







The soup base was good. Light and sweet. With all the veges, it was definitely the healtier choice!


Sashimi Assortment


How can sashimi be omitted in a Japanese Buffet? Please lor, that's the most expensive items in the menu, considering a few slices of uncooked fish can cost me more than $10 bucks elsewhere, wil I be so silly??


I decided to go for an assortment, but it was kinda mistake. Some of the fish I dun really like, and the texture was not as soft as salmon (e.g. the white fish at the back, dunno really know wat I was eating though... ). And hor, I prefer my sashimi to be thinly sliced so that I wont have a feeling of over-dosage. So lesson learnt, dun be so greedy like me, order too much sashimi then in the end, felt like vomitting.... SobZ!


Must try this if you ever come here. Think Sakae had this oso, but was a red plate (i.e $6.50). It was actually some kind of seaweed. A nice side dish indeed. I even finished the whole plate myself... keke


Codfish

One of the reasons why I came here for buffet. Coz saw the buffet menu had codfish, meaning ---> you can have as much cod fish as you like!! Hurray!!



Saba --> Another all-time fav choice of mine


Ebi Tempura --> Served hot and crispy at your requests. Big prawns too!


Fried Tofu --> Crispy on the outside, soft in the inside...


Chawanmushi




As again, I had "spied" on the resturant and managed to take a few photgraphs of their buffet menu. But actually I find the variety kinda limited. The pricing is similar to Kuishin Bo ( Suntec) but the latter definitely has more choices in the food selection.

Anyway, after trying a few Japanese Buffet, I kinda sick of it. Haha.... To put it this way, the quality of the food in buffet is definitely not comparable to going an authentic Japanese Resturant. But to be fair to these buffet resturants, for the amount of food and price, they are good enuff. It just me being a bit fussy and picky on food lah.. hehe

Well, if that was good enuff for you to check this out....

0 comments: