My Batam Trip!

11:09:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

STILL.... Playing catching up!! Just bear with me for this period, busy lah! When people grow older, they tend to do things slower. Haiz, another year again,1 year older.... I just wish time will slow down a bit, there's so much things to do! Keke

*********

Went with bf and some friends to Batam for a 2 day 1 night trip. The deal sounded quite tempting mah. The $118 package included:

1) Ferry ride to/from Batam ( excluding taxes)
2) A night stay at KTM
3) A 90mins massage at KTM
4) City tour on 2nd day
5) Seafood lunch on 2nd day

Somemore I went on Xmas day, peak holiday season.. Where to find such a cheap deal, rite? So I GgggrabBB lah!

Our boat ride to Batam

The sky looked dark rite? OF COZ LAH! I crawled out from my bed at 6am, then crawled out from my house, then crawled to take train to Harbourfront. I needed at least an hour travelling time land we were supposed to gather at 830am!! So "inhuman" rite?? It was xmas eve celebration the night before and yet they wanted us to gather so early?? What to do? Cheap package mah, so no complaints lor...

After like 45min to an hour, we finally reached Batam. It was drizzling slightly but definitely not dampening our high spirits!

Well, that was until we saw our "resort"......



Small cottages lining up facing the lagoon and ocean

Noticed that the cottages were high up?? Positively, it meant better ocean view. Negatively, it meant we got to climb & climb, steep & narrow stairway before reaching the comfort of an air-conditioned room.... -__-~~~

By the way, I was not even allocated in one of these cottages! Mine was even HIGHER up! SOBZ!
A further view of the cottages

My room was beyond the cottages, beyond the tall trees behind the cottages, so beyond that you cant even see a glimpse in this picture...... And damn it, I dun have any ocean view...

Lagoon & Our massage venue

Dun you dare even think of it!! Obviously, the massage was not held in the open area. There, see those small little huts?? Ya lah, there lah!

Another view of the resort

The fishing area


There wasnt any much entertainment in the resort. Basically, you can only eat, sleep, massage, swim, billiards and fishing. Not very exciting huh? I guess, the purpose of coming here was simply to do nothing at all! But again, making me crawled all the way here early in the morning and yet there was nothing to do was kinda boring lah.....

So after the lunch, the boys went to play billiard like for 2-3 hours, and we girls went massage for 2-3 hours, before the boys joined us for the free massage. Keke

Oh you thought at least can swim? Trust me, you wont even want to use your toes to touch the water in the swimming pool. It was like all greenish & musky?? Phew..




Our massage venue

It was 2 to a room whereby you can enjoy the massage, jacuzzi , and bath etc in the room itself. Very privileged indeed!

The jacuzzi tub was facing the ocean, so if the weather was good, you be able to enjoy the view of sunset at the same time.

*

*

*

*

Ya, I know what you are thinking..... You think I was so liberal izzit??? We got wear sarong into the tub lor.... BUT if you are so damn proud of your figure, I think it was up to you because the staff will basically leave you alone while you enjoy the jacuzzi... so long, you dun "frighten" anyone with your body.. HAHHAHAH

My pathetic sunset view

The weather was not really good that day, windy & gloomy, so I couldnt get a good picture of the sun setting...


**********

City Tour on 2nd Day

Lover Bridge

This reminded me of the Lover Bridge at Taiwan, which was obviously much magnificent.

There was a lot of road peddlers at the bridge. The minute the tour bus stopped, they rushed over with their local food etc like bears to honey.

Fried Crab, Shell & all

I managed to take a picture of the food they were selling, by pretending to play with my camera. Ai ya, I scared they thought I was interested to buy and then pestered me mah...

Heng, I was quick to take 1 shot without being noticed. Keke, I think I should make a fairly good paparazzi... HIRE ME!! HIRE ME!!


Dried Delicacies

One look, you thought it was some cheap dry foodstuff rite??

Wa lao, SHARK FINS okay?? But they do look cheap, by hanging in bulk there.... hmmm



AND fish maw, seahorse etc

But I was not that keen on these stuff lah. Firstly, they looked gross, especially the dead seahorses.. Secondly, it is Cruelty to Marine Life!!

Ok lah, I got to admit I was not that great lah. I still eat shark fins at wedding dinners. But I try, "try" is the word, not to eat when unnecessary. When you go wedding dinners, the food pre-ordered oreadi mah, dun eat oso wasted rite?? Other than that, I dun order shark fin when I dine myself. Lower demand mean lower killing! Ok lah, ok lah, 60% is because too expensive, 40% because I want to do my part to protect them mah!! Dun look down me hor....


Cultural Dance

We went to see cultural dance performed by the local, as well. The dancers, appeared "gayish" with their movements.. so gentle & demure! Well, until.....

Man peeling coconut with bare teeth

Man holding & eating flames

The guy was so MANLY!! He was peeling coconuts with his teeth and eating flames. And his partner was eating glass pieces... *FAINT*

No offence, but the coconut peeling reminded me of monkey =p

And very amazing, or rather horrifying, that they were eating flames & glasses as part of the performance. Quite poor thing actually, coz who in the right mind, would want to eat these stuff?? But they had to do these to try to earn money from the tourists...


Waiting for the ferry to depart from Batam



Our ferry.... Keke, I quite like how this picture turned out, showing both moving & stationary item at the same time...


Labrador Park

My fren said there was nice cafes there.... Have to check the place soon!

* Busy jotting down in my iphone*


Star Cruises - Virgo

It has been some time since I went for a cruise trip. Must have been yearssssssss ago!! Dint realise that the boat was so HUGE... until you were "up close and personal"


0 comments: