Ju Shin Jung Korean Charcoal BBQ Restuarant

8:59:00 PM Unknown 1 Comments

First of all....

VERY SORRY FOR THE VERY DELAYED BLOG!!

But late better than never, rite? Keke...

I'm blogging now, with a blocked & watery nose. That proves my sincerity.... a bit?? =p

********

Anyway, I'm into Korean food recently! ^__^

Loves their BBQ saba fish, the stone rice, rice cakes etc!! Haha, but one thing I really cannot tahan => Kimchi!!

Ya I know, Kimchi is sort of Korea national food, you can practically find it in all meals, breakfast, lunch & dinner, you name it. Too bad, it's not my liking, why would anyone adore spicy, sour, preserved vege?? * Blurred & Confused *


JU SHIN JUNG KOREAN
CHARCOAL BBQ RESTAURANT
Venue:1018 East Coast Parkway, #02-01
Contact: 6447 9279

*********
I went to ECP for a dinner one Saturday night. Was contemplating whether to go for Korean food or Long Beach ( loves their crabbies!!!), which was just next to each other. Eventually, I decided on Korean food instead....

The place was HUGEEE!! Nothing fanciful about the layout and decoration, it was just like a very big canteen, very spacious. There was function rooms catered for big groups as well, coz we caught glimpse of the rooms and saw that there was a company function going on.

We were quickly shown to our seats, and we were quick also to make our orders! While waiting for the food to come, I spotted this small coin-alike thingy on a plate on the table.


Panadol???

Wrong lah! The "panadol like" thingy was just compressed wet towels! Call me shuan gu, I dun care... But I thought that it was quite amazing... Just pour water on the tablets.... *Poof* .... wet towels appearing before your eyes....

Haiz, but "magic" came with a price... they cost $1 each, when wet tissue in normal packaging only cost 30 - 50 cents... -_____-|||
**************
We had ordered Fresh Pork Collar ( $22 for 200g) & Anchange, which was Wagyu beef ( $49 for 160g) to share among ourselves. With the order of any bbq meat, it will come with free side dishes.

I was quite taken aback by the number of side dishes. They were filling enough themselves. And to think that, I was still pondering whether 360g of meat was enough to feed the 2 of us initially.. haha


Potato Salad

One of the few dishes that was not"tainted" by chili. A dish that we had to "fight" for it since both of us dun really take spicy food.. =p


Cold Tofu

This dish was still alright despite the hideous appearance... The tofu so smooth that it slided down the throat!


Seaweed Soup

Surprisingly, the soup was served cold. Never tried before. It was a tad sour & sweet, with generous serving of seaweed. I quite like it as a appetizer though even tot bf found it very weird, so ended up I finised 2 bowls lor...



Kimchis!

Korean food without kimchi?? You must be joking!! And it was not just 1, but 2 servings lor. We tried lah ( since they were part of the set), but couldnt really finish it. Dun use me as a gauge, as they were simply too spicy for my threshold..

Spinach

Another side dish that was not spicy! Of coz, I'll finish it....


Vege Platter

There were served right in the beginning. Seriously, I dunno how to eat them? There were lettuce leaves, raw carrot, cucumber, green chili, garlic etc...

I suppose the lettuce leaves were for wrapping the bbq meat if you prefer some vege. But what to do with the the raw carrot and green chili??

Were we suppose to bbq them as well? But hor, the waitress helped to bbq the meat, and she never asked whether we want to bbq the vege.

Or those were meant to eat RAW??? YUCKS!! PHEW!!! I cant imagine... but I managed to snatch a quick peek at the table next to us....

To my horror..... THEIR VEGE PLATTER WAS EMPTY!!

Question mark!! Question mark!! & more Question marks!!!

Well, figure out yourself what to do with the vege platter... till now, I still cant work it out myself.. =p



The BBQ meat

As I mentioned earlier, the waitress would help to bbq. That was so comforting to know! Not to mention, the meat were quite expensive, I sure dun wan to cha da ( overcook) those expensive meat slices... Hehe

Compare the first & second pictures... The meat had obviously shrunken under heat.. SO SAD!! Again, we got to "fight" for the pathetic number of slices. But the meat were delicious, especially the beef ( the darker colored ones). The beef were really juicy & chewy, it tasted even better when served piping hot! The pork were still okay, but it became tougher to chew when left to cool down.

Guess what was this?


*

*

*

*

It was just EGG served in a peculiar manner... Keke

I dunno how the chef did it, but somehow or rather, the egg were cooked in such a way that it was pressed down to the sides of the round pot, so that to maximise the areas that the egg will touch the sides.

The product??


TA-DA!! Cha Da egg.... Or crispy golden brown edges..

I'm contradicting myself, rite? I dun like to eat cha da meat, but like to eat cha da egg... It's just like rice slightly over-cooked on purpose, so that it will become a bit cha da. Just that this time it was EGG instead!

Btw, it was part of the side dishes, so whack lah!!

Vege Mixed Rice in Stone Bowl - $14

Again, I was afraid that the small amount of meat were not enough to feed 2 growing adults and so I ordered the vege mixed rice...

I must say, Korean people are really heath conscious. With just a portion of sliced pork, there were accompanying portions of sliced cucumber, carrot, mushroom, bean sprouts, vegetables & 1 big egg yolk for that extra protein!


And if you can take spicy food, you can also add in their specially-made sauce....


Mixed everything together, you will get a very "well-balanced" meal with lots of ingredients with every spoonful! ^__^

We were really really full by now, but who can resist cute little cut fruits & ginger tea ( both part of the set) to end off?

Love shaped Watermelons

Ginger tea

***********

Interested to know the final pricing?

For all you have seen above, the total price was $102 after taxes. Not a bad choice if you have money to spend lor..

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

1 comments:

Yen Chong said...

just passing by (: love your pretty blog!

i haven't had the good fortune to try this myself, but we're supposed to use the lettuce leaf like a "popiah skin". so place the bbq meat, raw carrots (and other small veggie things) onto the lettuce leaf, put the red sauce on it (if its not spicy :p)then wrap it up!

<3 yen