Bangkok Makan ( Part 2)

11:14:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Continued....

********

Food Court at Platinum Mall ( Level 6)



I spent most of my meals in the food court at Platinum Mall.  The main reason being Platinum Mall is my favourite shopping centre!! ^_^


Forget about MBK, Suan Lum Mkt, Chaptuchap Mkt, but you must REALLY come here if you love shopping. It is air-conditioned, with fairly clean toilets, 6 levels of shops with 100 of stores at each level, prices going at wholesale if you getting 2 or more pcs ( depends on the shop, so please remember to ask!). Basically, you can shop till you drop! Spending a day here is definitely not enuff, I usually spend around 2 or 3 days here to gather all my loot...hahaha




So do make sure you plan at least 2 days here for shopping and wear light clothing with comfortable walking shoes. I'm speaking out of experience! Keke

Anyway fortunately, the food here is still quite good, at least it's much better than ours in terms of variety and prices. Most importantly, I can settle for a reasonably good lunch without taking away too much of my available shopping time! Ha, talking about time management.. I'm sure good when it comes to planning for shopping. Of coz, I'm not talking about time management in work, who's interested in doing that? Keke



Shark Fin Soup

I had the shark fin soup set ( plus rice) because I wanna sth soupy. The best part was, it was only  around 100 baht, which considered cheap for shark fin bah... then again, the shark fin itself tasted a bit hard, not really fantastic... I should have try the abalone instead.. =p




Phat Thai

I love Phat Thai in Thailand, much more tasty and with big fat prawns too! I used to think Phat Thai in Thai Express is fairly good. Wait till you get to eat Phai Thai in Thailand, then you will know what's really good!! And it's so much cheaper, probably just S$3, you will get a decent portion with 3 big prawns.. Definitely worth it and you will not regret it.. Trust me! Hee..


********

Lek Resturant
(Besides Chong Nonsi BTS skytrain)

I did some homework before my trip and found this resturant, which is supposed to be cheap and good for seafood. I used to go Chinatown where you can find the red and green stalls, but making a trip down just for seafood really dun excite me anymore. Coincidentally, this place was just 2 BTS station from our hotel, so we just went! =p

It's right opposite the station, and if you dunno which direction to go. Look out for the 7-11, and ask for direction lor. Anyway, it's on the same side of the 7-11, probably a 2 min walk away from it, you wont miss it one lah....


Chai Tea


Some drinks to quench our thirst...

My bf ordered this milky, jelly drink, which looked like some kid stuff. Dunno what was it though... ya, till now. If you are "adventurous", go ahead and order this!

Tom Yam Soup

Tom Yam soup here was a bit sour, and came with lotza ingredient like fish, sotong, prawns etc. It sure was appetizing ~ we were ready for more food!




Grilled Prawn

How can we miss out prawns here? They dint disappoint us, see how huge the prawns were!

 Calamari

They looked a bit peculiar instead of the usual loop shaped calamari. But who cares!They were nice ~ crispy on the outside, QQ on the inside. Yummy!



Morning Glory

This was like Kang Kong, but instead of sambal, it was stirred fried with garlic and chilli padi. It looked "harmless" but still, I find it a bit spicy... haha






Fried Fish




Omelette

Guess how much was the dinner? I tell you, it was damn cheap! It was only about S$10+ for each pax, which included ice cream dessert as well!


********

Thai Resturant at Suan Lum Night Market





It was my last night of the trip so we decided to have something nice... Haha, even though we were having nice meal EVERY day... Life was really good in Bangkok! ^_^

We settled for this Thai Resturant which was located at the central fountain. It was part of this Thai play theatre / musuem, shouldnt be too difficult to locate.Just look out for the area where most of the restaurants are resided.


Watermelon and Rambutan Freeze




Appetizer and Sauce

Something light to start off the dinner.. Consisted of fish cake, popiah, spring rolls etc



Stirred Fried Beef

A very tasty dish to go with rice and the beef was really tender.Mmmm...






Green Curry

Instead of the usual Tom Yam soup, we ordered this. I preferred this than the usual Tom Yam soup as I dun really take spicy food. This was not really spicy even though you can see chilli in the soup.. Hahaha.. It was so good that we finished all the soup lor..



Grilled Squid

We dun expect the serving to be so HUGE lor... Keke. It was nice, very Q, but then it exercised our jaws way too much, so we didnt finish it...


Prawns in Egg

Ya ya I know, prawns again? Different way of cooking mah...


 Fried Rice

The fried rice was very fragrant, and the boys liked it so much that we ordered another round of serving... We were like a bunch of gluttons.. =p

Now the "exciting" part again.... The PRICE!

How does S$20+ per pax sound to you? Famtastic! And not to forget, we were comfortably seated, in a nice resturant, not those roadstall stalls lor...

********


I went back to Singapore on my own, as bf still needed to stay in BKK for work. But alas! I was too early lor, it took only 30mins to reach the airport, no traffic jam at all!

So what to do at the airport alone, 3 hours before the flight departure time?

EAT LOR!!




Mango with Glutinous Rice + Thai Chai Tea


I randomly picked one of the restaurants ( there were too many), and ordered the dessert and milk tea. The dessert was loving ~ the mango was sweet, served with warm glutinous rice, everything just melted in your mouth. This is a must-eat dish, unless you dun fancy mango lah..



Inflight Meal from BKK to SG

I thought the meal was much better on the flight to bangkok.. but nvm lah, going home liao mah.. Keke


********

That's the end of my trip. Not too sure whether I've put on weight after the trip... But I'm now in a "vigorous" process of trying to lose some wt... Haha.. It's a vicious cycle... =p


0 comments: