Tsubohachi

11:00:00 PM Unknown 2 Comments

Finally, the "long-awaited" review of Tsubohachi! ^_^

When was the last time I said that? *scratch head*

Hmm, let me check... OMG, it was "evidenced" in the Benten's entry which was dated in August!! 4 months ago!! Better dun let my boss reads this, or she will start having doubts about my work efficiency.  =p

But really, it's not about efficiency when it comes to blogging. You need the "feel" to write. And the joy of blogging? The ability to write without much efforts, and words just flow...

Dun understand?? *roll eye*

Oh well, let's just get down to business then..
*******

Tsubohachi was recommended by my bf's fren. Since it was a  friend gathering, rather than a "food appreciation" session, I went there without much expectation. It turned out to be quite a pleasant dining experience, with lotza varieties and reasonable pricing. In fact, I went back there for my own gals gathering too. =)


The resturant is located at the Japanese food corner, known as the Ebisboshi Shotengai at Level 4. With its strategetic location as the first Japanese resturant, it was easy to find!




Typical Japanese kinda layout with tatami setting ( dun worry, you dun really need to knee throughout your meal, there's a hole for you to place your legs) and normal table setting for those who find it cumblesome to remove your shoes.


Close up view of tatami setting


Different menu to "confuse" you! Haha

No lah, just kidding!

The menu contains many pictures to help you to decide on the many varieties... I like! Coz I'm someone more visual and will be attracted to the pictures, rather than reading those fasincating names of the dishes, which I have no idea what they means.. The usual "problem" when I visit those high class fine dining resturants..

Hungry already? Yeah.. food "served" right up!


Salmon - $8.80


The salmon sashimi was good! Look at THAT thickness! The chef was definitely generous ^_^



Saikoro Steak Set - $13.80

Another favourite dish of mine. The beef was cubed to contain its juiciness and tender. Something to take note, finish the dish while it's hot. The beef will be "overcooked" if left on its own since it is served in hot pan. Dun waste the effort of the chef, so finish your food and dun forget the "dao gay" ( bean sprouts)! 



Mushroom Hot Pot - $9.80

The boys loved mushroom, and so we ordered this. As the name suggested, the pot had all kinds of mushrooms such as golden mushrooms, shitake mushrooms etc



Hokkiado Hokke - $12.80

I remembered ordering a smiliar grilled fish when I was in Japan, and it totally swept us off our feet. Sadly, I couldnt remember the name of the fish... I cant wait to go to Japan next year!! Woohoo!!!!

Haha, I'm disattracted easily... Back to the fish, it was pretty okay, but there was lotza bones. And the meat wasnt as sweet as the one that I ate in Japan.



Ham & Cheese Omelette - $7.80

Pretty normal but hey, no misses too. We need our weekly dosage of egg to provide us with protein, okay?

????

Oh well, I admit .... I ate more than 1 egg per week.... There's sunny sideup, scrambled egg, omelette etc. I'm still growing so I need more protein! =p


Potato Mentaiko

This was superb! Must order! Twice I went there, twice the group made a re-order for this. Basically, it's potato, cheese and mentai. I cant remember the pricing, but definitely not expensive, probably around $5? I love good & cheap food!



It may looked unimpressive. Blame it on my not-up-to-standard photography skills and poor lighting, but you must order this if you come here olright? I would use "addictive" to describe the taste.. Keke.

But of coz if you dun like cheese and mentai, then dun blame me if you dun like it afterall lah.. dubz..



Kanioshi Sushi - $8.80



I liked this too! Simply, it was kani (crab) mayo sushi. It served as a good alternative to just normal rice. We need the rice to make sure we were full mah...


Yakitori Platter (10 pcs) - $17.80


Quail Egg - $3.80



Enoki Bacon Kushi - $3.80


Shrimp Bacon Kushi - $4.80

One of the highlight here is the skewers. It is rather expensive if you order them one by one, so we ordered the platter plus some other that we would like to try.

I rather like the one with bacon and aparagus, whereby the saltiness of the bacon was mellowed by the crunchy apargaus. The bacon with golden mushrooms was nice too. Hmm, was it the bacon that I liked? Hmm..

The meat selection was also not bad, the chicken was rather tender, although the pork was kinda tricky to chew.


The prawn tempura was only found in the set meals, so we asked whether it can be served on its own. The chef was really flexible and agreed to our request.

But I thought the prawns were not really succulent, so I guess I will give this a miss next time. Haha.

I'm a "ungrateful brat"! Acceded to my request and yet I was complaining!


As we were all putting on weight, salad was a must-order dish to lessen the gulit of over-eating. Then again, the pictures above dun really prove our gulitness huh? Heehee....


Gindara Teriyai - $11.80

This was rather overpriced as the serving was really tiny, or were we just unlucky? But then, the codfish was not fantastic, a bit too saltish.. Such a waste of good food ingredient..


Handrolls

Another alternative for plain rice if you really must eat rice...



Strawberry Milk - $3.80

That summed up the dinner "served" today. Hope you find the meal satisfying! ^_^

 


*******

TSUBOHACHI
Venue:  201 Victoria Street #04-08 Iluma @ Bugis Singapore
Contact: 6835 7056

2 comments:

Miso said...

It is good to have dinner with a big group of friends so you can try more varieties of food. Hubby and I spent $70 here but still not full. Haha..

Unknown said...

Hee...能吃是富!

I like here also because they have a lot of varieties in small dishes. I can try many varieties without feeling too full.. =)