Skinny Pizza

10:30:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Warning! Please bear with the quality of the pictures, they were taken using my pathetic 3GS iphone.

On a side note, I think the lifespan of my iphone is up any moment now. It will switch off on its own, or I cant hear my caller etc. I really need iphone 5 to launch soon. When exactly is the iphone 5 coming out??? Grrrr *pulling hairs*




I met up with my gal fren at City Hall for a simple lunch and ended up at Skinny Pizza. Since its opening, this was the first time I was trying this! A bit slow, but hey there are so many new resturants sprouting up everywhere. It's almost a rat race, trying to catch up. Keke

Mushroom Pizza ~ $23

My fren is a vegetarian, so we ordered a non-meat pizza. Rare for me for not taking meat, ya I know.

Anyway, we ordered the Wild Truffled Mushroom, which was topped with roasted mushroom, truffle, garlic & parmesan cheese.



The pizza was considered pricy since there was NO MEAT at all! Then again, they threw in lotza mushroom and truffle. In fact, too much. *Shrugged*

The pizza can barely support the weight of the topping. It was paper thin that I almost thought I was just eating mushroom and truffle. I still preferred thin crust pizza with at least the crust still there??

The serving of the mushroom and truffle was really generous. It's probably good if the pizza is shared with more ppl. Since there was only the 2 of us, trying to finish half the pizza each, it became too  overwhelming and a tad salty, especially when there was no crust to neutralise the taste. In the end, I had to waste food. =(

3 Side Dishes Combo ~ $15

We also ordered the combo side dish, which we can choose 3 out from the 9 items. You can also order the side dish on its own, priced at $6-$7 each. We decided on 2 of the Skinny Favourite (i.e Brie Cheese and Sweet Potato) and a prawn item to satisfy the carnivorous side of me. Hehe

Grilled Prawns with Califlower Cous Cous

This was passable. I was eating this merely because the prawns were considered semi meat. But really, there was only 3 miserable prawns, how to be satisfied?? =(

Seared Brie Cheese
 I dunno what's brie cheese and being very "hardworking", I searched for the definition!

"Brie Cheese ~ A kind of soft French cream cheese;  so called from the district in France where it is made, called also fromage de Brie. "

There you go, you have learnt sth today too! ^_^

This was really nice, in fact, reminded me of cottage cheese. The texture was chewy soft and came with nice grill aroma. It din't taste like the normal Kraft cheese, so it's worth a try, even for non-cheese lovers.

Sweet Potato Nibblets
As the name suggests, this was really a good nibblet and an alternative to the normal fries. I like!

Overall, I'm not attracted to the pizza. On the other hand, the side dishes are uncommon and probably something that I will get as snacks. Hmm, but I'm not too sure whether they allow take-away for their sides.
*********

SKINNY PIZZA
Venue: Raffles City Shopping Centre #B1-63/64
Contact: 6333 5069

0 comments: