Hosted on the Patio [Closed]

12:00:00 AM Unknown 1 Comments

HOSTED ON THE PATIO
Venue: 991B Alexandra Road #01-10 S(119970) 
- Opposite NOL
Contact: 6276 7337
Website: http://www.hosted.sg/

*********
Welcome!

I wanted to make the pictures nicer by adding a white border, but I guess white border doesnt really help much huh? Luckily, the pictures are good on their own.. keke

*Scribble a note ~ Remember to use black border next time! *

*********

My bf just bought a car, so I wanted to find a dining place that is NOT accessible by mrt!

Dun scratch your head okay? There is no typo mistake and it's perfectly logical. 

You see ar, if the place is accessible by mrt, why drive and waste money? I'm trying to help my bf to spend more meaningfully. It makes 101% sense to drive to somewhere inconvenient rather than one that is accessible.  =p

And that's how I "found" Hosted on the Patio  ^_^

A secluded restaurant tucked in the Central part of Singapore. If not for the address, I would never know that such a restaurant exist amongst the commercial offices!

Before I go on, I must stress that I just ate a bowl of ramen at Illuma before going to Hosted and we meant to have just snack and desserts.  Somehow, we ended up ordering a salad, a pasta and a dessert and finished everything on the plates. Trust me, whatever I'm going to say / type later, are heartfelt words! Keke
Our Menu for the Day!

Not a lot of variety, but good enuff to give you a choice, without giving you a headache of what to order. *Grinz*
Atlantic Crab Salad - $16
This was recommended by a reviewer at HGW and I must say, it was good!

The presentation was feasting for the eyes. I have never seen such a colourful dish that immediately whet my appetite ( remember, I just ate a bowl of ramen?). It was so pretty that it was almost sinful to "disturb" the greens.

I liked the part of adding cherry tomato and tangerine to the salad, which added a natural sweetness to the salad, not to mention the cheerful colours. Although I cant really taste the crab meat coz they were in small pieces, at least we were able to spot them. Not like some other places, where you cant even see the crab meat and you will feel so cheated coz of the premium price paid, very familiar right?  Overall, this was a great dish to start off and made us so excited for the next dish!

*Rubbing palms together* Hee
Smoked Duck Linguine - $24
I love this! I'm dying to eat this again......... *Droolz*

There were so much ingredients in one dish ~ smoked duck, asparagus & mushroom. For once, I needed to "find" the linguine in a pasta dish. And after we finished the linguine, there were still so much ingredients! Really worth the price and serving was good for sharing for 2.

The smoked duck was done so perfectly ~ not dry & remained chewy with a nice smoked aroma that teased you for more helping. The asparagus, like a supportive actor, sliently added crunchiness to balance out the dish without taking away the glamour of the main star. Overall, super marvelicious! *Droolz again*
Molten Dark Chocolate Fondant - $14
WOW. It was good.

That was the exact statement I made after we devoured the dish in silent mode. Aiya, where got time to talk. The minute a person talk, it will mean an extra spoonful by the other person. And yes, that's how competitive we are when we eat good stuff. =p

I like my molten chocolate to be slightly crispy on the outside and not too moist. That was exactly how the chocolate fondant here tasted like.  With a little cut, the dark chocolate oozed out uncontrollably, which simply melted in the mouth. The ice-cream was undeniably , a great match, with the molten chocolate. A must try for chocolate lover!

I'm done with the food! Are you game enuff to continue with a tour around the place? I hope so!

*Breathe in, breathe out*
The place is very spacious, giving ample privacy for every diners, which is precious in Singapore where most restaurants are cramped due to limited space. And if the weather is breezy,  you can choose alfresco dining too.
The restaurant is decorated with paintings of this lady with a "o" mouth. Haha, injection of some humor huh?
Bar Counter
Alfresco Dining
Lastly, I must commend the service. The serving staff was very attentive. They would serve your course one by one rather than all together ~ which mean food will be served at their optimal temperature. If you are wondering whether we needed to wait for the next dish. Your query is redundant, told you the serving staff was really attentive! They were pretty quick to clear our plates as well as serving the next dish. Thumbs up for the service!

I'm already planning for my next visit soon! What are you waiting for? ^_^

********


P.S Click here for more pictures

Click here for more review.


Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

1 comments:

Angie said...

Great pictures taken. Makes the food looks so delicious. Especially the salad. Slurpz! Show BF's new car please...lolz :)