Beauty Workshop by Shiseido

10:20:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Beauty Workshop on 14 January 2012 by Shiseido 

I came to know about this Beauty Workshop when I read Qiu Qiu's blog and so I signed up for it. Partly I giam to try the products and partly because I wan to see Qiu Qiu herself.  Alas, think too many people signed up for it and so I was allocated to a different date from the one that she was attending.  >.<

Nvm lor.. I guess it was still good to try out new beauty and hair products. There were 3 parts in this workshop, namely the facial (Senka) , make up (Majolica) and hair care (Ma Cherie).  I did not tried any of the three product ranges before, at most only knew the Majolica make up range but never tried it before the workshop.



こんにちは! My name in Japanese!


Makeup Remover

There are 4 different kind of make up remover ~ mainly oil or water base, which will give you different finishing feel. So how do you tell which is which? Just look at the last word e.g. Perfect Gel is water based or Perfect Oil is oil based.

As I normally use BB cream and blusher only, I prefer to use water base make up remover, so Perfect Gel is good for me. However, if you apply thicker make up, I guess you probably need oil based make up remover to thoroughly remove all the make up residue. Btw, since Perfect Gel is relatively lighter, you can use it as a facial wash as well. For me, I will still use a separate facial wash lah. 

Facial Care

The blue ones are the whitening range (with moisturizing element but of a lower proportion) while the pink ones are the moisturizing range.  The main takeaway here is ~ there's no need to apply toner!

Guess what, I have not been using toner actually, coz out of my laziness, I actually use SKII essence as a toner coz both are liquid mah, so I thought the same. LOL

The basic 3 steps that most of us know is cleanse, toner followed by moisturizer. But the Shiseido instructor was saying that after you cleanse your face, your facial is actually dryer. And when u apply toner, you are closing up your pores. So after that when u apply your moisturizer, the face cannot really absorb the moisturizer lor. How true it is, please go and do your own research since Shiseido is trying to sell their products, so obivously they will say things to their advantages. But I thought it make sense la and no change to my usual regime, so I will choose to believe! Keke

Here, they recommend after cleanse your face, use the lotion to replenish the moisture. The texture is like denser liquid and almost feel like you are not applying anything. If you want, you can apply those moisturizer cream, followed by toner, which are really optional. I like the fact that we can apply less things on the face!
*******

Next, we move on to make up. ^_^

Make up is really not my forte lah, so I will just show pictures of their products. Husband always say I look better without make up. And somehow all my make up will be gone by the time I reach home, so end up I also lazy to use make up. =p

Primer

This one suppose to make your face brighter and more 3D, simply apply on cheekbones and nose.

Eye Liner & Eye Shadow (background)

The liquid eye liner is so fine! OMG, how to draw? I will just poke my eyes or draw until I look more like a panda. I mean I already look like panda with my dark eye circles, by putting on eye liner or eye shadow, they will smudge and make me feel like calling Jia Jia and Kia Kia , jie jie and gor gor. =_=

Eye brow colouring & Mascara

I bought the eye brow color, it's good! It's sort of like "dye" your eye brow brown, which immediately will soften the overall look. I bought it at $18 from Watson after 10% discount. 


Guess what are these?

Nail polish? Nah........ They are blushers! Cool rite. 

I also bought the pink one (third bottle) from Watson coz I like the fact that it's small and easy to apply, which is good when you are travelling.  You just need to tap probably 2 to 3 drops on each cheek and then spread it using your fingers, no need to use brush or applicator.  I'm currently using Benefit - Benetint, which is similar but more expensive. Glad to find a cheaper alternative!

Hair Care

The final part of the workshop is hair care products, which consist of wet & dry shampoo, conditioner, treatment etc.

You must be wondering what's wet & dry shampoo. Wet ones are the usual kind where we need to wash off lah..the dry ones are the more unique one. Just need to spray/apply them on your dry hair till wet, go and do your normal routine (change clothes, make up etc) and when the hair is dry, you have "washed' your hair and good to go! No more bad hair days?

Erm, other than it smell pretty good, I'm not too sure whether by doing so, it really cleanse the hair? But I guess it's good when you just feel lazy and yet want your hair to smell good? And all the hair products really smell nice, with ingredients such as honey, champagne etc


Da-taa... my purchases and free gifts from the beauty work shop! 

It should be quite apparent which are free and which are not free right? Heehee 

Btw, I'm not paid to do this, so merely blogging about the workshop. Whether the products really work or not, it's too early to tell lah. Keke

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: