Meatworks [Closed]

1:34:00 AM Unknown 2 Comments

MEATWORKS
Venue: 2 Orchard Turn #04-12
Singapore 238801
Contact: 6634 0026

*********
We came here because we couldn't get a seat at Paradise. Lol. Dun ask me why, but it was empty on a Saturday dinner. Something "fishy" but bo pian lah, we needed a place to eat dinner mah. =p

Scallops - $16

The scallops were really big & succulent, and I liked it that they were slightly burnt on the sides.

Foie Gras, Pan-Seared in Port Wine Longan - $22

After trying foie gras for many times, I decided that I just dun like foie gras.  My friends had enjoyed the foie gras here, so I guess it was okay?  I probably can only comment on the presentation, which was rather cute as the longans were contained in a pastry. You guess it, I preferred the longans to foie gras.  Before you 'scold' me for ordering something that I dun like, hey it was a dinner with friends and the dish was meant for sharing.

Baked Chilean Silver Cod - $30

Cod fish will never fail expectation, or at least hard to fail lah. When baked, it was a contrasting texture with a crispy skin and soft, melting meat, which was definitely endearing.  Coupled with buttery mash, it was an ultimate combination.

Lamb Rack - $32

Fren's order. Me no like lamb. 

Cube Roll (200gm) - $30

As usual, my order of beef! Lol

It may seemed big on the surface, but no lah, it was kinda flat and I had to cut away many parts because it was fatty or so hard to chew that I cant even swallowed.  A rather bad cut.  The remaining edible portion was okay.

Overall, food was pretty okay, but the prices were really hefty. Most of the mains were at least $30, excluding service charges & GST! 

*Choked*  Reminded me of the beef I had, the price tags were rather "hard to swallow".. =p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

errr when did you go? meatworks closed long ago

Unknown said...

Oops, quite some time ago. =p

Thanks for the update!