Restaurant Week : Chef D Table

1:13:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

CHEF D' TABLE
Venue: 30 Victoria Street #01-29 Chijmes
Contact: 6338 4898

********

Hey gals & guys, it's Restaurant Week AGAIN! This is the third year for me and boy, am I glad that there will always be new restaurants added on to the list.  Then again, I'm less excited now as the menu offered by the restaurants are kinda similar. Well, unless I go for those 'mystery menu' next time.  But $25++ for lunch and 35++ for dinner is still not the cheapest way to settle a growling stomach, without knowing what you gonna have before confirming a reservation. Sigh, what a dilemma!

I have chosen Chef D' Table simply because it is located near my working place, just nice for a weekday dinner.  Okay, let's take a look at the menu!


I'll start off with the good point ~> There was no service fee charged! Erm, I'm not sure whether the resturant charges service fee or not on normal days, but I was happy to see a cheaper bill given to me lah. Even though the participating resturants are already charging a 'subsidized rate', but still got to pay $50+ for each pax (after GST and service fee) for dinner lor. =_="

Now, the not-so-good point ~> I dun think I'm willing to pay $50 for what I've eaten here, coz I dun think it's worth it.  I'm probably one of the few who thinks that way as apparently most people gave a rather good rating for its cuisine. Oh well, taste buds are subjective. 

(click to enlarge image)

(1) & (2) Appetizer: 

The cauliflower soup (soup of the day) was really bland. I almost wanted to poke my tongue with the fork to see whether the taste bud is still alive mah. And I also dunno what were the orange and green oil for? It appeared to be a messy painting to me, and it didnt help to bring up the scores for neither the taste nor the presentation.

Smoked duck & orange salad (additional cost of $6) was okay although there was over dosage of olive oil or something oily.  The smoked duck was also different from what I had at other places, instead they were crispy thin slices,  tasted just like bacon crisps with the same saltiness.

(3) & (4) Main course: 

Similarly, the dory fillet was tasteless in a plate of starchy broth, which supposed to be lobster broth. Humpt, felt so cheated.. I had 'deserted' my love aka beef because of the lobster broth! I kinda regret not choosing the beef which most of the other reviewers had praises for it.

Pork belly was nicer, although the portion was just 2 pathetic slices. But just as well, since it was not so healthy to eat so much fatty meat. =p



Dessert 

Thankfully, dessert was still good. We had the triple chocolate mousse and the lychee panna cotta (dessert of the day).  The chocolate mousse was very rich while the panna cotta was creamy & smooth. Overall, quite good but it would be better if the chef can opt for sweeter fruits. The strawberries were so sour! >.<

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

 

0 comments: