Conrad - Oscar

5:04:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Let's go back to the Past......... * POOF! *
 
We are now at Dec 15, 2007 and it's MY MUM's Bdae!! Yeah! Thanks to Mum's birth, or else there will be no Me! And if there is no Me, there is no Fun-Hideout! AND that would be a great lose to all! Dun ya agree? =p
(P.S Being a bit busy and a bit lethargic, so that explains the delay of this entry for 2 weeks)

Well, we decided to go Oscar for the buffet dinner. I was the one suggesting the venue after browsing through reviews of fellow members in HGW. Sigh, I must admit that the spread was kinda limited as compared to The Line ( Shangri-La) & Cafebiz ( Traders Hotel) despite of the fairly good review rating.

Lesson learnt ---> Dun believe every single word others said and so....

DUN BELIEVE EVERY SINGLE WORD I SAID

Not that I'm bluffing but definitely these are purely and copy-righted MY personal opinions. Read with a pinch of salt, look at the pictures ( which I think are much convincing) and decide for yourself whether the recommended resturant/cafe is good enuff for you.

Okay lah, enuff of serious "preaching"! Relax ar, dun be too tense up! You can still use my blog or any other similar sites for reference de lah.. Hee

************


A big Xmas tree made up of Big and Small Teddy bears welcome us at the Hotel Lobby. Cute huh? Now go take picture, think still have bah... even though this picture was taken 2 weeks ago... Haha

SO, Are ya ready for a quick tour ( coz limited range mah =p)?

.

.

.



Salad Bar

See those brinjals? They were not sliced. Hmm, wonder how do eat them... Take the whole thing and bite? Weird hor? But I dint try lah, coz brinjal never my favs vege. Let me noe if ya try? Keke

Oysters

This was really not a bery pretty sight for me.. In fact, a bit gross... It was puzzling to me why almost everyone adores oysters in a buffet. Coz to me, they taste horrible, especially those that are not fresh. Guys eat them, perhaps to boost sth ( Oops! RA rated, please all kids stand aside!). Gals, eat them for wat? I'm feeling nauseous oreadi.. let's move on...

Prawns

One of my favourites! They were big, juicy and fresh.. simply sumptuous! Perhaps they should offer a choice to grill the prawns with cheese? I'm getting greedier... 

Mussels
 

Crayfish

Well... See those red tiny creatures at the top left-hand corner of the picture? Read on to find out what they were.......



My Seafood Platter ( Prawn, Crayfish & Lobster??)

Yup, that small tiny red creature was supposingly lobster. FYI, there is a difference of approximately $10 between Sat and Sun buffet dinner. Well, naturally I called and asked why was Sat night more expensive. The reply was due to lobsters been served on that night... OMG! I was expecting BIGGER lobster and not something which was even smaller than the prawns.. It was so small that I think prolly I ate more of the shell than the meat... chey


I kinda "compensated" my shock over the tiny winy lobster with a big crab pincer instead.. Dun be mistaken hor.. the hotel is not serving crab pincers only. Just that I was lucky enuff to be standing in front of the crab standee when the chef did the refilling. Of coz, I would take the meatest part of all.. I no stoopid mah... haha
Sushi Bar

Claypot Assortments

I found that Oscar is kinda chi-na, kinda different from other hotel buffets that I went. They served stuff like satay beehoon, lotus chicken, laska, wantan mee and even plain rice. Guess good for those who dun really fancy ang-mo jia (4). They even serve bat-kut teh leh but the soup literally.... no pork ribs, no nth.... Alamak.

Turkey Counter

There was nothing much else to show, so let's move on to my fav session ===> Desserts!

Argh... No fondue, no log cake ( now still dec, rem??) ... Just a limited range of cakes, kuehs, ice-creams as well as waffles....







Gorang Pisang

Oh, do try the fried banana. Like it coz it freshly fried and served piping hot!



Footnote: Most likely I wont be going back there for buffets coz kinda expensive for the spread they offer... my views hor. DUN QUOTE ME!



*********
 
Oscars, The Conrad
Venue: 2 Temasek Boulevard, Lobby Level Conrad Centennial
Contact : 6432 7481
Time: Open 24 hoursBuffet 
Lunch: 12pm to 2:30pm
Buffet Dinner: 6pm to 10pm. 
Sunday Brunch: 12pm to 3pm
Price: Approximately $70 for Sat Dinner Buffet / $60 for Sun Dinner Buffet

0 comments: