Shangri La - The Line

8:52:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

It was back at Shangri La, The Line again for department xmas lunch! And it was FOC for me! Many thanks to the "sponsers"! Keke

Juz for info, HSBC is currently offering 15% off the bill till end of this month. So the lunch buffet would be approximately $52 per pax after discount ( usual price is $61+++). Still expensive, but better than none. For more T&C, please check HSBC Website.



THE  LINE, Shangri- La
Venue: Shangri - La, 22 Orange Grove Road,
Lower Lobby, Tower Wing

Contact: 6213 4275
HoursBreakfast: 6am - 10.30am (weekends until 11am)

Lunch: Noon - 2.30pm (weekends and holidays until 3pm)
Dinner: 6.30pm - 10.30pm (weekends and holidays from 6pm)
Supper: 10.30pm - 6am
**********
Eating buffet is definitely an art. How to eat everything, making every penny worthwhile, and without making yourself uncomfortably full..... Well, FOLLOW ME as I embarked the journey for your eye feasting!

First Stop --> Seafood
Well, obviously this was the most expensive session in the whole resturant. As a seasoned buffet eater, how could I not start off with all the sea treasures? What The Line offered was nothing fanciful, but juz a pure heart in just serving fresh seafood! Hmmm.. I could almost taste the sea salt myself! Ha..
(P.S A bit exaggerating, but that's wat the TV Food critics do mah... I copy cat nia =p)
 
Prawn, Mussel, Crabs

The crabs were a bit, crabby to handle though... Could have been better if they were being shelled! But the prawns were great! Juicy & Sweet!

More Crabs, Mussels, Clams and Crayfish too!

Oysters 
Not a great fan of oysters myself. Ya, I knew. I should be shameful of myself. *Bow Head* How could a seasoned buffet eater missed out this delicacy? But then, I juz dun like the "slippery" taste of it... some of ya do comprehend , ye?

Anyway, review from my colleagues were, Osyters were indeed good, without the stingy smell.

Second Stop --> Sashimi
Another must visit stop! The sashimi would be freshly cut when you make your order over the counter. They have tuna, salmon and squid. ^__^
Luv them all! If you noticed, they served "little caterpillar" together with the sashimi. The Japanese juz eat everything raw, and the "caterpilla" is like some vege to go along with the raw fish. Phew..
.
.
.
.
.
HA! Did i catch you?? They were only wasabi lah...
Chunky slices of sashimi

If ya dun like raw fish, they have sushi as well. But then you lugi lah, sashimi at Sakae cost $6.50 (red plate) while california roll cost $1.90. Ya noe wat I meant hor? Hee

Third Stop --> Salad Bar
Well, not a must to stop here though. But I guess a bit of vege can ease the tension on your tummy and perhaps squeeze out more space for more stuff?? I must stress that this is not scientific proven. I crapped one. Dun believe me.
 



Fourth Stop --> Grilled Session


Roast Chicken & Potato, Grilled fish & Prawn

These were all so Daring lor... Dipped with a bit of mushroom or cheesy sauce. Perfect man!

*

*

*

Wait ar, I suck fingers first. Cannot waste any of it! Keke
Grilled fish & Prawn
 
The prawn were..... simply magnificent, terrifying! I could not find a better word to descible. As an advice, take the grilled prawn first. Coz it always run out and ya got to wait for the chef to grill in the next round.
Fifth Stop --> Cooked Food 


Pasta, Lasagna
 

Chinese Cooked Food


Dim Sum
 
Sixth Stop -->Indian Food


Kebabs and Naans

Oh, I like the naans here. Even though they are taboo when eating buffet, I cant help but to take just one small slice...keke

Satay, roti prata, mutabak

Side Assortment 

Finally, the highlight of the day ---> Desserts!!!! SCREAM PPL!!



Chocolate Fondue
Unlike those pathetic fountain, this is Five Storey high at The Line! WOW!

Cupcakes

Xmas Log Cake
 
So not need to order log cake lah. If I'm not wrong, one log cake outside cost ard $30 - $40? Come here and eat lah! Eat all ya wan man!

More Log Cake

Pretty Dessert



Anyway, The Line offered " Fried Ice-cream" as well. Think this was new item. Last year when I was there, dun have de..
The Frying Process


First, choose the icecream ya like.
Second, choose the assortment from berries to nuts to cookies bits ( No limits!! )



Then, the chef started "frying". Fried here, Fried there, Fried everywhere and then....


TATA... Crunchy mango icecream with nuts, orange peel & cranberry!

Finally, end off with coffee and tea ( free-flow)... What a satisfying lunch!





Updates on Oct 2008: Marine Harvest @ The Line
Click to read on!


0 comments: