Tampopo

11:32:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Went to Liang Court to view HD TV ( Audio House) on one of the Saturday and saw Xiang Yun, Edmund Chen & family at the basement supermarket! OMG, Xiang Yun really talked like a DJ, her Chinese was so 标准 ( fluent)! Keke..

Oh, a bit side-tracked liao. Anyway, we went to Tampopo since we were there and my fren recommended the place to me before. The place was quite packed despite of the poor location ( Liang Court basement). The food there was kinda pricey also. Juz to have a better gauge, I took a few pictures of the menu ( me prof one, okie >.<) ....






Dint took a lot of the menu coz I scared the owner tot I was a spy and chased me out! Though their prices are a bit higher, they do offer much more varieties in terms of sushi and sashimi..

Anyway, I ordered their famous black pig shabu raman. Came here of coz must order the specialities mah!
.
.
.
.
.
Ok lah, I confessed. I ordered it because it was the most affordable cum filling dish on the menu => $13.80!!


Picture from Menu
Real Picture!

Black Pig Shabu Dumpling ( Below $10, cant rem price liao)
The broth was really sweet. Aiya, people used 2 DAYS to make the soup base lor.. of coz more tasty! Yet, I wondered whether did they put MSG? Nevermind that, the soup was good so who cares! =p
Black pig was again nothing special.. HELP!! I really cant taste the difference between normal white pig and black pig !!! * Shrugged* Well, in case you ppl wondered what i meant by "again", that was because I went to Tom Ton to eat the Black Pig Steamboat before and felt the same. And Tampopo and Tom Ton are all under the same boss.. who must really like black pork?? * Rolled eyes*
Dumplings were a good try oso!! The skin was fried crispy brown and yet the meat fillings remained tasty. Must ate the dumplings when they were served piping hot!
Overall, was still satisfied with the meal. If only the price was much affordable, I would like to try some of the sushi ( Toro, Amaebi etc etc). So if just based on the ramen, I would think it was just okay. Dun get me wrong, they are not bad, but I polly would want to give other ramen resturants " a chance" oso... hee
*********
Tampopo
Venue: 177 River Valley Road #01-23/24, Liang Court Shopping Centre
Tel: 6338 - 3186

0 comments: