Takaya Bistro [Closed]

3:04:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Latest Update in November 2008!

This resturant closed down already. See, I told you, it was not nice...oops


********


Wanted to go for cheap - & - lotza varieties makan place, and so I went to try out this Japanese buffet. It was a saturday nite and, oddly quiet though. Nvm that, I was thinking, perhaps it was due to the not- so- accessible location ( Upper Thomson Rd) or perhaps because it was drizzling?



Price Board
Buffet Menu
The varieties looked okay, from one glance. So we wasted no time and started ordering. The art of buffet eating was to order quick and fast!! Order the more expensive stuff first and if ya tummy still have some left-over, then ya can order the rest... hee

Salmon Sashimi

Chunky salmon sashimi. Great for sashimi - lovers! Yet the chef decided to dice the salmon rather than slice, odd maner of presentation I would say. But the fishes were fresh enuff. Make worth your penny by ordering this!

Saba

One of my fav dish. The meat was sweet and firm, in the manner I like it. The presentation might not be good.. but trust me, it was really one of the better choice here liao.. =p

Cold Soba

Green Peas

Chawanmushi

Yakiniku ( Pan-Fried Beef)
This was surprisingly good. The teriyaki sauce was just nice. The beef was thinly sliced and tender. Must order this!


Yakitori ( Chicken Skewers)
Fried Assortment: Shitake, Hotate, Ebi

Well, I was expecting Tempura Ebi when I ordered this. Take a look at the buffet menu again... hmm, they had Ebi ( Fried Prawn) AND Ebi Fry ( Fried Prawn). Which was my order?? Arghhh.. dunno leh! But who cares! The prawns taste okay, lightly salted. But I dun really like the batter for the scallop. It was not crispy enuff, in fact it taste too much flour. So I removed the batter and just ate the scallop inside.... Hoho


Agedashi Tofu

Potato Salad

Tempura Squid Ring


Argh!! The same batter I guess?? The batter was too thick and the squid was too little! If you look at it cross-sectionally, it would be something like this.....





Soft Shell Crab


Grilled Swordfish

I dun really like this. Hmm, taste like super rubbery eel? I dunno, it dint taste like fish to me at all. Call me mountain turtle, but I neber ate swordfish before. So I was not too sure whether it was the fish itself that was yucky, or the manner it was being cooked here.. Dun believe me, try at your own risk! Humpt!

California Handroll

Ebi Handroll

Fruits

This was one of the best dish!! Haha.. water melon was superb sweet and it was served in a big portion!

********

Food, I think it was just okay ( meaning okay to give it a miss). Well except for a few like Yakiniku, Saba and Sashimi. It would make worth the price if ya just keep ordering these few dishes. The batter fries were a no-no for me, coz the batter was yucky. The rest, hmm... like sakae sushi standard bah. The advantage here was becuase it was a buffet style, so ya can order anything you like without the need to do a mental calculation of the total bill.. keke. Or perhaps ya just wanna stuff urself silly, and make sure ya do, otherwise quality of food is not worth the money.

Anyway, I made a wrong calculation. In HGW, it showed that there was a 20% when using HSBC. So I happily tot that my bill would be 23+ , less 20%. ALAS!! When payment time, then I was informed discount not applicable for buffet!! Faintz sia... I paid like $25 per pax in the end... SOB SOB. Personally, I think it was not worth the price...

********

TAKAYA BISTRO

Venue: 244B Upper Thomson Road, Thomson Garden Estate

Tel: 6455 3625 / 9832

********

P.S Ah-ha, u tot I forgot to put my rating, arent you? NAH!!! I just felt that it was not some place I would recommend so I am leaving out the rating ( meaning it fall below my minimum rating score). AGAIN, THIS WAS MY BLOG, SO MY OPINIONS>>> DUN QUOTE ME. =p

0 comments: