Basil Alcove ... Yes! Again!

11:33:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

As promised, here are the pictures for my Valentine's Day meal at Basil Alcove! Dun drool ar!


Mozzarella Fritta

Deep-Fried Fresh Mozarella Cheese with Alfafa Sprouts and Peach Dip

*******

This was really a starter to begin with. Meaning really tiny portion as we were supposed to share this. The sprouts may seem like raw grass on some yellowish shit. Hoho, mind my language =p. But then, the peach dip was really fruity sweet, and I gulped the whole plate with or without the sprouts.

Cozze Gratinate

Baked Mussels served with Pesto and Herbed Gin

********

Just like I dun really fancy oysters, mussels ( which are same family as oysters??) are definitely not my first choice of food. Nevertheless, the chef did a good job in masking the weird weird taste. And to my delight, the portion had increased! Yeah! The picture showed the portion for 1 diner.

Cavolfiore Fritto

Deep-fried Cauliflower & Duck Liver pate

********

I dun understand why goose liver is expensive. But I guess that was why the chef changed it to duck liver pate instead! Same mah, all came from birds... Smart choice! Anyway, the duck liver pate tasted a bit salty on its own, but it blended well with the deep-fried cauliflower, which was kinda tasteless. So I guess that was why the combination bah!

Oh! The waitress bery cute, she actually reminded us to share this... Hoho.. Confusing huh, why were some dishes been shared, and some not?


Fungi Essences

Assorted Mushrooms Double Boiled with Asian Herbs

********

OoooOO.. This was nice! I loved herbal soup! And the presentation was cute oso. But a pity, the portion was too small! I finished everything in one gulp lor.... =( But then, I supposed to be demure in a V-Day dinner hor? Was that why the portion was small, so that I dun appeared to be like a piggy in front of my beau? Oh my! Such thoughful gesture, and I 顾负 the chef by still eating like a glutton.. SOB >.<~~~


Pasta al Curtoccio

Baked Seafood Pasta Served in a Wrap

*******

Finally, something more filling! You thought only pasta right? I mean that wat I thought lah, torn the wrapper open, only saw pasta & more pasta...... until

.

.

.

.

.

This little squid popped up! ^_^



Pineapple Sherbert

Served with Raisin and Blackberry Compote

*******

This was really sour man! Anyway, it served its main purpose --> To clear all the taste in your bud for the main course!!!


Surf

Lobster Baked with Spinach Cream Gruyere and Sundried Tomato Pesto

********

Lobster was fresh lor. It "dropped" out from its shell with just a little tug. Surprise, surprise! Below the lobster, there was spinach ( my fav vege!)...

Anyway, i was trying to take a picture of a whole lobster, but I realised the tail was not the head's tail, bec different direction totally. So this picture was taken with my lobster's head and my bf's lobster's tail. Aiya, why was I explaining this??? * Bleah*



Just when we finished our lobster and waiting for our beef to arrive, ALAS! a sewage truck came instead... -__-" Heng, we were not eating at that time, otherwise really phewed lor. And the truck stayed there for almost 5 - 10 mins... I almost died of not breathing!!! What to do, wanna save money mah.. so eating at "roadside" lor...

Hmm, I'm trying to "protect" the identify of these lovers who had happened to be inside the photo.. If you happened to be one of them, pardon me for my poor drawing... Btw, the guy was supposed to be in tear of happiness, shuan ar! =p


Turf

Seared Tenderloin on Tri Coloured Pepper Coulis with Pickled Fennel

********


The chef was really generous. Meaning the lobster and beef we dun share, we had 1 portion each! One portion of the beef include 2 huge patty. "TAN DUI LA" ( earn it, hoho) !! The beef was grilled to perfection, a bit red but without blood oozing out...


Tiramisu

Tiramisu the Pick me up Dessert of all time

********

Finally, we reached the end of our 9 course dinnner, excluding coffee & tea => Dessert! This was okay, but I find the sponge cake portion a bit hard, it dint really melt with the mascarpone cheese. I still prefer prego's!

********

If ya noticed, the pictures were kinda dark because we had been eating from 7pm to 10pm. Service was a bit slow, and I actually saw 2 couples eating chocolates while waiting.. But in terms of value wise, it was really good! All of the above, cost $118 NETT per couple.. Where to find?

*

*

*

*

THE ANSWER IS OBVIOUS!

BASIL ALCOVE (Western)
Venue: 190 Middle Road #01-07 Fortune Centre Singapore 188979 Contact: 63361318 / 90267300


0 comments: