Dim Sum!

12:01:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

I always love dim sum, but simply dunno where to find places that sell dim sum at later hours. They are either close too early or the varieties are too limited ( e.g. those in food court).

Do you have the same craving?? >.<

Keke.. no worry!! I happened to see this stall promoted on one of the TV programs, and since it relatively near my place, I decided to check this out lor. What's more, the stall is in coffee-shop so must be cheap lah!



This is the stall lor... Hong Kong Zhai Tim Sum



My orders! All for $8. 3o!


I like this dish best out of the four! The dish is made up of chinese mushroom as the base, the yellow triangles been egg yolk, white triangles been egg white, and " fa cai" embracing the sides. Creative rite? And definitely pretty! When you bite into it, the mushroom will even ooze out juice or soup base like. The healtier choice!


This is actually "ha gao" aka prawn dumpling, in wasabi skin dressing. Another creative & pretty invention.. Hee. The wasabi skin is not too spicy ( I dun take spicy food lor), just enough to excite your taste bud.


The dim sum selection that I am most particular --> "Cha Shao Bao" aka barbeque pork bun. Why ar? As they say ( whoever they are??), the most difficult cuisine to master is those that are the most simple ones. To me, cha shao bao is the most basic dim sum, so in order for the stall to be good, the cha shao bao must be good, at the minimum! Haha. Anyway, as the picture showed, the skin is fluffy soft, just like flower petals opening up, revealing the "pollen" aka the barbeque pork bits... Oops, I'm exaggerating too much! ;p I think it's my photography skill that is good! Hohoho.. but then, the cha shao bao here is not too bad lah!

I choosen this dish simply because it is too cute! It looks actually like a carrot, but it's not! Dun believe? Take a look at this....


Seriously, I dunno what it is... It seems to be sweet starchy skin wrapping carrot strips filling. Hmm, verdict => It doesnt look as tasty as its look. But then, this is recommended in the TV program tot.. Well, see who you believe lor.. TV program or me... =p

Btw, the stall closes shop at 10pm! GREAT if you wan sth light for dinner or supper lor... ^_^

********

Blk 151, Ang Mo Kio Ave 5
Opp YCK Secondary School , near Mayflower Pri School
Click
here for map!

0 comments: