Curry Favor [Closed]

1:09:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Check out this Japanese restaurant at your familiar neighborhood. Well, at least for me, coz it is so near my place. YEAH!! Another dinner place for me if mum decides not to cook... =p




It was quite easy to locate, 3rd floor beside the escalator. Kinda empty when I was there on a Saturday night. But again, we should not judge a book by its cover, we therefore should not judge a restaurant by its crowd. So, I decided to try it anyway ( & also because I was too hungry to go somewhere else... keke).


Spacious setting


*********


Our orders:

- Rosu Katsu ( Pork Loin & Fish Fry Combo) ~ $15.90
- Age Cheese Chikuwa ~ $6.90 ( 6pcs)


You are not seeing things! I'm trying to slim down, dun you dare to hinder me! I shall share food with bf as far as possible. It's not stingy nor cheapskate. It's called "economic of scale"! We shall utilize as little food resources to fulfill the hunger of 2 adults as possible! * Applauses *


Salad & Brown Tea

Cant really remember, but I think it's $1.50 to upgrade your meal with a salad/miso soup & drink. Believe it or not, the salad tasted like tuna fish! Hoho, that was what I told my bf. I think it was the sauce that kinda tricked my palate & sent a confused message to my brain cell. Obviously the salad was not tuna fish. In simple terms, it just tasted quite different.



Our combo meal - Fish & Pork, well balanced meal!

The curry sauce - a choice between regular & spicy


Yummy Curry Rice!

I thought the pork loin was fabulous! Crispy on the outside, & tender juicy inside. Even though it was fried, you can still taste the tenderness of the meat. Well done!! I had chosen regular for the curry sauce, which complement nicely with the chicken. This has to be the case coz chicken should be the main highlight, unlike Indian cuisine whereby curry plays the main lead. The rice was also cooked with the perfect stickiness.. everything just went so smoothly with each other!!

The fish was just olright. I prefer steam fish personally, that's when you differentiate between a fresh & stale fish. Then again, forget about my comments, go ahead and try the fish if you like fish. For me, pork is definitely my first choice in my next visit!



Side dish - Age Cheese Chikuwa


This side dish was itemed as popular, which was why we ordered. Cant really make out what was it, except that the yellow thingy was supposed to be the cheese. So you guess it, I dun really find it fascinating and ya, not recommended by me.

On a side note, people tend to order dishes that are marked with " Chef Recommendation", " Popular" etc. So if I start a restaurant, maybe I should just mark everything or at least those that I wan to sell more ( perhaps a higher margin dish), and everyone would just "blindly" order.... Haha... Scheming huh?

Overall, I quite like this restaurant but again depend on whether you like curry and fried stuff. I went back for a 2nd visit in the same month and ordered their stew, which was kinda normal. The standard fried pork curry is still my favorite!


Just to entice you further, here are some of their on-going promotion:

1) Monday is Curry Day! Buy a curry main and enjoy 50% off the 2nd curry equal or lower value (available for curry mains above $10)

2) Seafood Tuesday! Seafood curry main courses at 25% off ( not valid for half-size curries)


Other interesting information:

1) Curry buffet on Sat, Sun and PH, 12pm - 9.30pm
Adult at $22.80
Child at $9.80 ( below 10 years old)

2) Home/office delivery available from only $8/set. More information at www.curry-favour.com

Btw, they do serve half size curries. Great if you just want a small bite and save $$$


********

STAMFORD HOUSE
Venue: 39 Stamford Road, #01-09 Stamford House, S178885
Contact: 6883 1087

0 comments: