Akashi Japanese Resturant

9:47:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments


Are you ready with a bowl in your hand to contain your dripping saliva??

Let me warn you, you need a bucket instead!! =p



And to emphasize the point that the food at Akashi Japanese Resturant were really good, I decided to post BIGGER pictures! Trust me, there was no editing involved here, well except for my superb photograhy skills which I cant really help * Shrugged* .... Keke
The food were really as good as how they looked in the pictures....

I shan't say much coz the food were really good, so the pictures will speak for themselves... So enjoy the pictures and ya, mind your dripping.... =p



Handsome chefs working hard to provide us with the best sushi


Edamame - $4

This was served to us when we were waiting for our food to be served. Actually I tot it was free, you know, like tibits for you to kill time while waiting for the food. Not too sure whether it was compulsory but if you dont want, perhaps can decline it.


********


Drums ROLLING........

*

*

*

*

Ladies & Gentlemen,

You are now "presented" with the most premium sashimi
P.S. in my opinion of coz, who cares about what other ppl's opinion anyway??

*

*

*

OTORO

Please everyone, pronoun after me with due respect...

Oh - Toh - Roh

As quoted in Sushi FAQ ( I dint know that such thing called sushi FAQ until I was writing this entry, WOW, we really learn sth new everyday!! Cheers!!), this is the fattiest portion of the tuna, found on the very underside of the fish. This cut is fatty almost to the point of falling apart and can literally melt in your mouth.

Well, very sad to know, due to the fact of my personal financial ability, I could only afford otoro sushi instead. SO, if any sushi shop owner who happens to stumble upon my blog and would like me to do an advertorial for you, I'm more glad to offer my humble service for just 500g of otoro sashimi.... KEKEKE...


Otoro Sushi - $64 ( Price changes according to seasonal rates)


Look at that!! Beautiful!!! Do I need to say more??

Please dun insult OTORO by asking me to describle more... How could I describe heaven when I'm never being there before??

To the practical side, the price is approximately $32 for 2 otoro sushi. Why four? Because I was in a group of 4, so ordered 2 portions lah! Alamak!!


Next, my 2nd LOVE... Amaebi!



Ama Ebi Sushi - $12

One thing I must really give compliments, the sashimi part was much bigger than the rice portion. From the pictures, you hardly notice that they were actually sushi rather than sashimi. That would justify the higher cost than normal. Not to forget, the seafood was so fresh that you can really taste sweetness in them...




Maguro Temaki ($8) & Shake Kawa Temaki ($6)

My frens' orders, so skip the narration lah. Just see pictures, okie??

*******

Well enuff of raw food, let's have eye feasting on warm cuisine instead which were as fantastic!

Buta Yaki - $15

A "balanced meal" means that it must have seafood, meat & more meat!! To those who are diet conscious and start pointing at me for being carnivorous, GET LOST!!

* After like 1 second *

Erm, can come back when I start to blog about salad?? * Pouting*

Buta Yaki is actually grilled pork slices, they were good but there were even better meat like.........

MOOoooOOOOOOOo

BEEF!!

Tenderloin Steak (11og) - $22 ( Price changes according to seasonal rates)

I simply love this. The steak was cubed such that there was certain thickness to allow you to enjoy the "chewyness", if you know what I meant. I cant stand thin slices of steaks, it was just wasting food coz most of the time the steaks would end up overcooked!

The beef was cooked to perfection, with the inner core slighly red without being too bloody. Yet, the meat was tender & juicy enough. The cow must have being brought up listening to classical music!! Hehe

Pitan Tofu - $4

This was an appetizer made of century egg & tofu, quite unique. A try if you are a Pitan aka century egg lover, owise you may wanna give it a miss. Oh btw, this was a cold dish hor..



Akashi Tofu - $10

This was very different from the normal "fried tofu" that we ate => there was filling inside the tofu, 口感更丰富! And also, the dish was sold at 2 serving for the price of $10.



Niniku Yaki Meshi - $5

I fall in love with Japanese garlic rice after trying it at Sakae Teppanyaki at Changi T3. The rice was definitely more fragrant that normal white rice. If you have the stomach & budget to eat after trying all their other nice nice items, yes, please try this also. =)


Cha Soba - $8

The "Sunrise"


& The " Sunset"


Beside the above, we still ordered 2 other set meals which come in soup, side dishes and fruits.


Gintara Misozuke Set - $20

Tori Katsu Set - $16

********

The total bill came up to S$228 after all taxes. OMG!!!!

That mean we spent $57 per pax for a dinner!!!! OMG AGAIN!!!

You must be thinking that I was such a spendthrift, spending so much on just a dinner.. Believe me, this was really one of the rare occasion that I spent so much for a meal and yet felt so satisfied & happy!

Yeah, the food were really good that I had no regrets ordering & spending so much. In fact.....

I WOULD BE BACK!!! ^___^

Yeah, now I know where I should go to celebrate xmas lah, my birthday lah, my bf's birthday lah, new year lah, anniversary lah.... Hohoho...

Ya you guess it! They are just excuses to come back for more!!

*******

AKASHI JAPANESE RESTAURANT(JAPANESE)
Venue: 1 Tanglin Road, #01-01A
Orchard Parade Hotel
Contact: 6732 4438
Time: 12pm - 3pm ; 6.30pm - 10.30pm

0 comments: