Marine Harvest @ The Line aka Bdae Meal, Sponsered by BF

11:54:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments


Yeah! My long awaited bdae meal was finally here!! Shant elaborate much since I oreadi blogged about it in Dec 2007 , so basically this was just an update for the Marine Harvest, aka Thursday Night buffet at The Line.

I was first introduced to The Line when I just joined my current company coz we had our Dept Xmas lunch there. Thereafter, we decided that we couldnt find another better buffet place and so we went there again for my 2nd year Dept Xmas lunch. If I really wanna count, even though this was my third time visit ( Yeah Man!) , this was the only time I actually "paid" for the buffet. Strictly speaking, I dint pay for it coz it was meant to be my bdae treat.But then again bf's money IS my money so this was the only time I really consider whether The Line was worth the price. Before I do my sums, let's just take a look at what Marine Harvest offered bah!

Obviously, there were a lot of seafood, even though, I was expecting more. Com'on, it was the Marine Harvest night, shouldn't they offer more "exotic" stuff beside the usual crabs, prawns, scallops, clams, mussels, oysters??? To be fair, there were a couple more. And it was really COUPLE, meaning 2 items which were lobster & snow crab. -____-|||


Crayfish

Clams

Snow crab

Crayfish, Snow Crab & Scallops


Lobster??

I think so... keke.. I cant differentiate between crayfish & lobster .. Oops


But I decided that it should be lobster. First of all, the shell was reddish, while the crayfish ( first picture) was more brownish. Second, the meat texture was firm and sweet, tasted like lobster. By then when I realised they served lobster ( initally only crayfish), I had been eating for 3 hours. Tell me lah, how to stuff somemore? My tummy was already about to burst so I only ate one!!! So WASTED!! If you are going, "help" me to eat more ar..... SOBZ

Sushi

Sashimi

The salmon sashimi is a not-to-miss item! Generous serving of chunky slices...


Herbal Prawn

Whoo.... This was NICEEEE if you like those herbal taste. The prawns were really fresh & tasty. I dint watch the cooking process, but based on my bf's description. The ALIVE prawns were swimming in a pot of wine. When someone made a order, the chef will scoop out the prawns from the wine pot and into the saucepan to boil. In other words, the prawns were boiled ALIVE and served DEAD. Ya still wanna eat?? Sound very cruel hor? But nice leh.. hehe... Who cares!


Fish Maw Soup

They served chinese soup such as fish maw soup ( above) as well as ang mo soup like potato & leek. The latter was much better. Why no picture? I drank liao, how to take??? keke


Salad/ Cold Appetizer

Apple Rojak


*******

The other time I dint manage to take photo of the cooked food, so this time round I would show more...


Cheese scallops


Cereal Prawns

Braised Duck

Crab with wolfberries

Chilli Crab


Grilled Salmon

Such a disappointment, they only had grilled salmon. The grilled prawns were much better! Another minus point liao..

Cream Sauce


Spanish Rice

Pasta

Pizza




Indian Grilled Stuff

********

We finally reached the desserts portion. Seriously, I though that the desserts served during Xmas period were so much nicer...








Verdict? I kinda felt that Marine Harvest was not really worth the price ( approx 80 per pax after 15% UOB card discount). There wasnt really a lot more varieties compared to its normal days, but the price do surge a lot.

In fact, I can find most of the seafood varieties at Carousel. As for the desserts, Carousel was definitely much better and more thoughtful. The cakes at Carousel were served in smaller pieces which enabled people who love varieties to try all of them. But of coz, The Line still wins Carousel in terms of overall varieties.

0 comments: