Miscellaneous Blog

12:21:00 AM Unknown 1 Comments

Okie, this is not meant to be "officially" reviewing any food outlets, or recommending any tourist spots. I cant exactly classify this entry in any of the categories in my side bar, which explains the "sundry" entry.. Another common-known term will be " za ba ran"! Who cares, it's my blog anyway!! =p


I'm on leave tomorrow!! YEAH YEAH!

So thinking that since I dun have to work tomorrow, I can stay up late!! YEAH YEAH!


^__^


( ^ (00) ^ )


Btw, I just came back watching a play called "Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs". You must be thinking "Oh gosh, you are so kiddish!! Still fairytale at this age"????

Well, not that I'm old, but you are so wrong! This is not your fairy tale of Snow White, but rather a new version by local production, directed by Hossan Leong. The good thing about local production is, it is relatively easier to relate to their sense of humor with the injection of singlish now & then and the common topics happening around us, such as poison milk from china etc.

Put aside the jokes, the moral of the story is that nobody is perfect. What matters most is you & not your appearance. Message is clear, not just a brainless funny play afterall. Good entertainment for the whole family, both young & old.

I shan't revealed much, owise I will spolit the play for those who are going to watch it. For those who are interested to find out about the storyline, read more here. I really enjoyed the play, so watch it if you can! =p

Snow White & Prince Charming

I'm trying to take a picture of both of them sitting together. But Snow White was too "popular", many ppl were trying to take pictures with her, that was why she was standing. But I was still quick enough to take a shot and managed to capture both of the main leads in the same picture. And hor, both were looking in my direction, not too bad rite?


*********

Just yesterday, I went to Sunrise Academy at Fort Canning to learn cooking. It was "sponsored" so dun say that I bo liao okay? Hmm, but I'm trying to find out how much it costs to take up lessons there, but I cant seem to find the official website ( or perhaps, there isnt any??) in the search engine. Anyone who knows, tell me okie??

****

Yeah, I managed to find out the website for Sunrise Academy from a kind soul. Whoever you are, thanks! =)

****

It was quite fun cooking in a big class, reminded me of my home-economics classes long long time ago. We were making fool out of it until we realized that we were cooking our own dinner! Indeed, it was a 'horrifying" realization! We added wrong ingredients ( Alamak, all the greenery looked the same. How to tell the difference between sweet basil leaves & coriander leave?), dint really wash all the utensils & we food pinched the ingredients... haha. It was all part of the fun lah! =p




Our dinner included
  • Mango Wrapped with Rice Paper
  • Mashed Potato
  • Roasted Chicken
  • Ice-cream with Caramelized Dried Fruits




Mango Wrapped with Rice Paper

These were like po bian aka spring roll just that you would use Vietnam rice paper to wrap. We decided that the mango tasted much better on its own, hence the pathetic portion.



Roasted Chicken

This was marinated with TLC - Tender, Love & Care. We were supposed to whisper to the chicken and asked how was it doing. Kinda lame, who wanna talk to chicken, just whack lah! But teacher said so, so do lor.. teacher was lame lah...



Mashed Potato

This was easy. I learned before in home economics class. Just mashed the potato, added salt, pepper & butter to taste. We were given half a butter each, but we took more while the teacher not looking. Mashed potato, of coz, must add a lot of butter so that it would taste creamy mah. Teacher so stingy! And hor, the teacher added basil oil to it, tasted a bit weird, so we took even more butter to try to cover the basil taste...



Ice-cream with Caramelized Dried Fruits

This was topping for the ice-cream. We threw in all the dried fruits (raisin, apricots etc), spices such as cloves, cinnamon, ginger to water & brewed till it became what was shown in the picture. Tasted a bit weird though, I still prefer my ice-cream pure...

*********

These were photos taken at a Korean Resturant at Far East Basement. I'm kinda tired liao, so I shall keep it short and sweet.

Authentic & expensive


* Fingers tapping*

* More fingers tapping*


You mean, that's all you say????


Yeah lah, told you it is not a food review mah... Short & Sweet mah!














Gonna sleep lor. Ciao!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.at-sunrice.com/default.aspx

This is the website for sunrice courses. HTH =D