Bakerzin

10:51:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments




Yo, I'm finally back!!!

^__^

As promised, I 'm back with more food, pictures and craps!!!!

*******

I went to Bakerzin at United Square recently, apparently they have renovated with prettier setting. Btw, Bakerzin is having 2 new outlets at our familiar neighbourhood ~ Yishun & Jurong West! HURRAY!! It means dessert time anytime!!


Comfy dining area

Flora wallpaper

Let's reverse the normal order and start with something sweet ~> My Favourite, DESSERTS! =p

Chocolate Melted Cake
This is a type of cake with a filling (usually chocolate) in the center. When cut open, chocolate "lava" will run out, like a volcano.
The cake's center is made from not baking the cake all the way through, so the 'lava' filling is hot and runny. Look, warm chocolate lava oozing out from the cake!

Well, it could be even better if the fruits were sweet.

Chocolate Shouffle

Quoted from Wikipedia, a soufflé is a light, fluffy, baked dish made with egg yolks and beaten egg whites combined with various other ingredients and served as a savory main dish or sweetened as a dessert. The word soufflé is the past participle of the French verb souffler which means "to blow up" or more loosely "puff up" — an apt description of what happens to this combination of custard and egg whites.

In Bakerzin, the chocolate shouffle is matched with coffee ice-cream. A bitter-sweet combination indeed!

In comparsion, the chocolate shouffle is light & fluffy while the chocolate melted cake is thick & rich. Chocolate lover will definitely love the latter, while for rest, the shouffle will be a better choice. =)

*********

I had my dinner at Bakerzin as well. The menu for savouries is quite limited, with just a few choices in the categories of sandwiches, pasta and pizza. Currently, they offers a set meal all day for just $13.90, which includes soup of the day, main course & a drink.

Soup of the Day

The staff told me that the soup of the day was pumpkin soup, but I was served this instead. For once, I thought that my taste bud had gone hay wired! Sent shivers down my spine, it will be hell for me if I cant taste properly!!!

Heng, I bothered to check the menu again. They have a spicy tomato soup in the menu which I concluded that I must have been served the tomato soup instead. Apparently, it was the staff who cant tell the difference between orange colour ( pumpkin) and red colour (tomato)... Oops, I was being paranoid afterall.... hee
Free flow of bread

I just love free flow of bread. The bread here is as good as those freshly baked in Cafe Cartel. It's so good that you can even eat it on its own!!
( Sidenote: Actually I wanna eat with butter, but the staff took too long to come back with butter and took even longer to come back with butter knife... Hmmm)

Ham & Bacon Penne

This was quite normal, nothing much to flaunt. There wasnt much choices for me, coz there was a list of specific main courses that I could choose from, which was mostly spicy.
Hmm, I guess I prefer desserts in Bakerzin more than the savouries.

********

BAKERZIN
Click here for the various location and opening times

0 comments: