Friends @ Chomp Chomp [Closed]

1:41:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

This marked the beginning of my "Woman Weekly 1-For-1 Dining Journey"!! ^_^

I picked this place mainly because of the proximity to my house. Come to think of it, I never really notice "Friends" even though I have always frequent chomp chomp area. It just seems to be so "unfriendly" from the outside, quite an irony with its name though. Keke




Playing with my camera while waiting to be served...

While I was playing with my T70, I noticed that most of the customers were here because of the voucher.... Aiya, because they were all mostly couples and ordered the same food mah. Highly observant!

Question then, where was the usual crowd??? Hmm...


********


The food was finally here! Soon, I would find out whether my instinct was true...

Hot buns and butter

Nothing suspicious about this, so "release the suspect"....


First Course => Appetizer

Smoked Mackerel with potato cake

Or

Australian Mesclun with baked tomato

Obviously, the first choice was more worthwhile given the fact that the salad aka 2nd choice was also part of it. Taste wise, salad & potato... well, nothing exciting.


Second Course => Soup

Mushroom Soup

Or

Tomato Soup

The mushroom soup was rich, not because it was creamy but seemed to be real mushrooms blended into a soup base. However, it got rather boring after awhile. On the other hand, the tomato soup was kinda appetizing, being a bit sour to excite your taste bud. But I though adding some ingredients into the soup can "warm up" the jaws a bit... ha


Third Course => Main

Roasted Crispy Pork Knuckle

Or


Grilled Grey Mullet Fillet


The pork knuckle was a good try. Too bad for those health-conscious souls, but eating the skin is a must here. The skin was roasted crispy, while the meat remained tender. Best of all, it came with a serving of mash potato. The fillet was really normal, with nothing to rave about.


Fourth Course => Dessert

Chocolate Mousse

Or


Creme Brulee

The chocolate cake tasted like any other chocolate cake from your familiar bakery shop and the creme brulee was too sweet for full consumption.


******

Would you want to pay $49.90 ($60+ after all taxes) per pax for the above 5 course ( includes coffee/tea) dinner set for a person? Definitely not me.

First of all, I dun think the food taste that fantastic to warrant that kind of pricing. Secondly, some of the food was rather disappointing, not even passable.

I guess those who went there before would agree with me, otherwise how to explain the pathetic crowd on a Saturday night?

Go if you feel that I'm was being too critical about the place, but search the address/contact yourself! =p


0 comments: