The Atrium @ Pan Pacific

10:17:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

My fren once asked me to recommend nice high tea places.

My reply => ( "_" ) aka blank look.

I was really not a very "high-tea" person, been once only to Intercontinent Hotel and that was it.

But after I got hold of the Women Weekly dining vouchers, then I realized WOW, there is really a neat number of high tea venues to check out. On a realistic note, high tea equals to little food quantity at a not-so-cheap price. Haha, so I guess I will remain as a "not high tea" person bah!

Anyway, I decided to check out Atrium @ Pan Pacific, because the 2 tier display on the voucher looked so tempting! I'm an addict for visually pretty stuff, so give me pretty food display, you will already win 50% of my heart, and if the food really taste that good, yeah 100%!!

Atrium is located in the center of Level 1 of the hotel, quite easy to find. If you are really that cock eye, then look out for their big red couches. And if you are super cock eye, I'm sure you wont miss their pretty waitresses wearing high slit chongsam-like uniform. Keke

*********
I went there thinking that it was a high-tea buffet, but it turned out to be just afternoon tea, with specific items & free flow of tea. Kinda disappointed though, coz I just went swimming in the morning so I was damn sure that the high tea alone cant do justice to my protesting hunger. Aiya, so be it, worse come to worse, there is always Mr M around. =)

Free flow of tea
They serve a wide array of tea selection such as classic tea ( english breakfast, earl grey etc), herbal tea ( rose buds, chamomile etc) and infusion tea ( strawberry/mango , lemon twise etc). And they will also give you sugar in a lollipop-like manner. Such a novelty! I just cant stop myself but to eat the sugar like a lollipop!!

Aside to didi and meimei, 姐姐有练过 ( Big sister is well-trained) and so my tolerance of sugar level is exceptionally high, so please dun follow me! =p


Presenting the 2 tier high tea!!
Ok, Let's take a close look one by one....

Roasted Beef with Cress & Mustard, Honey Baked Ham & Cheese
The roasted beef sandwich was delicious. Please dun look down on the sandwich hor! If simple stuff can taste good, then they MUST be really good. On the other hand, the ham sandwich was really normal.

Creamed Egg with Mayonnaise
I always like egg mayonnaise. It can never go wrong anyway. But the serving could improve a bit though. SO small, I can finish in one mouthful, and I must stress I DUN have big mouth, dun you dare to think that it was MY PROBLEM, okay?

Smoked Salmon on Rye Bread
Surprisingly the smoke salmon was not too salty, just nice. =)

Scones ( Plain & Chocolate)
Jams & Creams ( for the scones)
The scones were really nice, unlike some other places which mistook that scones were stones, so their were hard for consumption. Here at Atrium, the scones were soft & light inside. Eat the scones on their own, or with some jams/creams, both would taste great!
That was all for the savouries, so let's move on to desserts!
( Note: These are servings for 2 pax, rightfully it is 1 item for pax)

Chocolate Opera Cake

Cheesecake

Petit Strawberry Tart

Apple Crumble

The desserts were passable, I especially adored the strawberry tart coz the strawberry was really big & sweet! The chocolate opera cake and cheesecake were okay. But I dun really like the apple crumble so I dint finished it.

Well, the items may seem little but surprisingly, they were filling enuff for me. But again, to spend $28 per pax on 4 savouries & 4 petit desserts seem a bit too pricey for me. I guess it offers more on the ambiance for friends gathering and chatting over many cups of tea ( free-flow mah)... =p

********

Atrium @ Pan Pacific
Afternoon High Tea ( 3 - 5pm)
Contact: 6826 8240

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: