Alegro

12:11:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Have you all tried Churros before? ^_^

Again, quoting from my favourite Wiki, let's find out what's Churros first!

Churros, sometimes referred to as a Spanish doughnut, are fried-dough pastry-based snacks, sometimes made from potato dough, that originated in Spain. Churros are typically fried until they become crunchy, and then sprinkled with sugar. They are normally eaten for breakfast dipped in hot chocolate. Kinda similar to Youtiao, a type of bread in Chinese Cuisine, but differs in that Youtiao is savory rather than sweet.

********

I ate Churros first time when I went London last year. It was really love at first sight.... Oops, I meant love at first bite! Keke

Can you imagine my excitement when I found out that I could have it in Singapore as well! Thank goodness, we can find almost cuisine from all over the world here. I'm glad I'm staying in Singapore... keke

Without much delay... Let me have the honour to direct you to this humble snack shop selling Churros, conveniently located at Clarke Quay => ALEGRO.

Well, it is really humble coz it is more like a snack bar than a cafe/restuarant. There is only a couple of high chairs and tables for dine-in. Anyway, the food are serve in disposable cups and plates, so I guess it doesnt really matter. You can just ta bao and eat along the way...




Alegro
Something funny that my bf had highlighted when we were there .... Notice those photos on top? Well, they are really printouts conveniently "sticked" on top! Haha, kinda "cheapo" & smart way huh? But the photos are really well-taken so doesnt matter lah!



You must be wondering now.... So what exactly do they sell here? I cant show everything, so just a peek at what I had on that night bah!


Strawberry & Lemon Freeze
Beside the normal soft drinks, they sell freeze here. We had strawberry & lemon freeze, obviously you will know which is which via the colour. One word to describle => SOUR. Haha.. Well, they did the trick to perk you up!


Egg & Potato Omelette

I think there's a special name for this dish but I cant recall, so I just named it based on the ingredients. Hehe.. It's a simple dish, yet so good... Then again, I'm quite a potato person, I love all kind of potato food from potato chips to french fries to wedges to mash potato etc.. It is quite filling with egg omelette packed with potato chunks, a very fulfilling dish indeed!

Hey sala ( aka mistake)! The photos above showed what I had in London. The one that I had at Alegro was this instead....
*
*
*
*



It was somewhat similar, but served cold. The one that I ate at London was served warm. Perhaps Alegro cut the omelette into smaller pieces, hence it cooled down faster? It was okay only.. hmm.. I still prefer the one in London.
The next highlight is of coz, Churros! That's precisely why I was there at Alegro! Let me show you what it was like in London.

Churro served with chocolate dip
Doesnt it look like Youtiao?? =p



And the super generous serving ( 1 full cup!) of chocolate dip with just an order of 1 Churro. It was dark chocolate lor.. I almost wanna drink it, if not that it might too "heaty".. hahaha
Well, the one served at Alegro was almost as good...... hehe

Close-up!
Alegro served the Churros in small pieces, nice gesture as it would be easier to eat. But then hor, the chocolate so little!!!! If you wanna more, you have to pay for "additional" chocolate lor...


********
Some other dishes that I had ordered as well...







I cant remember their names, but they were normal food such as "tuna curry puffs" alike and "toasted sandwich" alike. Well, they had some fanciful names, but again the pictures showed all... so I dun have to comment too much la... hoho
I will probably be back when I have craving for the Churros, otherwise there isnt much other "temptation"...

********
ALEGRO
Venue: 3D River Valley Road
#01-13 Clarke Quay
( Quite near to The Clinic)

0 comments: