Astons

1:17:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Yoyo, let me introduce you another cheap makan outlet that is near homes! Well, at least there's one near my house lah.. keke

I find the concept of Aston super similiar to Botak Jones. But then again, it outshines Botak Jones by targetting not just the commoners with their affordable ranges, but also catering to those who can pay more for better choices! That's explain the different namings: Astons Espress, Astons Specialities & Astons Prime, in the order of increasing price ranges.

I've visited both Astons Express and Astons Prime. The former indeed offers value-for-money while the latter offers more premium food such as Waygu beef etc. Obviously, you have to pay more for the premium food lah. Click here to see the full menu for all outlets.




~*~ Astons Express ~*~



Cream of Mushroom ~ $2.50


Crispy Fried Fish with Potato & House Salad ~ $6.50



Prime Ribeye Steak with Mashed Potato & Fries ~ $12.90


GST is already included in the pricing and there is not 10% service charge, so it's merely $21.90 for all these! I'm a happy gal, since I dun need to pay a lot for reasonably good food!

Notice that I mentioned "reasonably" good food. Of coz, you cant compare the quality with upscale western resturants. And you have to "tahan" eating at a non-air conditioned kopitiam. But still, I think it's better than Botak Jones and probably compared to those mid-range resturants.

I especially like their cream of mushroom, with the generous serving of mushrooms. The fried fish was crispy on the outside, and soft in the inside. I will definitely order this next time! The ribeye was passable only, as the meat was rather hard to tear apart, and eating this required a little "effort". =p

~*~ Astons Prime ~*~


I walked into Astons Prime @ Centrepoint, thinking that it was offering the same cheap & good western food. So can you imagine my "shock" when I browsed through the menu? =p

Waygu Ribeye at $89.90?
Ranger Cut at $45.90?

Haha, these are the 2 highest priced dishes. The rest range from 10+ to 20+, definitely more expensive than what are offered at Astons Express.


Clam Chowder ~$3.50

This was quite good, with lotza goodies in the soup. Satisyfing indeed!


Chicken & Apple Sausage with Mashed Potato & Creamed Brocolli~ $16.90

I thought this was quite normal, just chicken chop & sausage mah. To my surprise, the chicken was very tender and the portion was BIG lor... However, the mashed potato was a bit too salty, rather tasted like those instant made kinda of mashed potato.

Beer Battered Fish with Buttered Mushrooms & Cheezy Shells ~ $14.90

Again, the portion was big, with 2 fillets. And again, my order was not as good as what my bf ordered. I really sucks at ordering food!! Grrrr....

The fillet tasted a bit fishy, and it was weird to eat battered fish with the fish skin intact. There wasnt even any "beer" in the batter, and I wondered why the name.

The buttered mushrooms was okay but the cheezy shells was really a turn-off. It was basically pasta with cheese, but the cheese was so watery that it made the whole thing tasted yucky.

Aston's Mud Pie ~ $6.90

Finally, we had our dessert which appeared to be more like chocolate cake than mud pie ( ice-cream). You saw the "whitish mess" behind the mud pie? It was whipped cream lor -_-"

For the above we paid $42.20. I guess the best part was that all the prices have already included GST & there is no service charge. So you only need to pay what you see in the menu!

But then, I prefer Astons Express than Astons Prime, for obviously the cheaper options. And also because the food at Astons Prime are not much much better to warrant a higher pricing.



*********


ASTONS

Please click website for locations & contacts


0 comments: