Mimolette [Closed]

2:46:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I came to know about this French resturant via 3 occasions:

1) The Road Babe show, hosted by Xu Zheng Rong & Michelle Chia
2) Recommended by my colleague, Ms LF ^^ ( Smile! You are on my blog!!)
3) A 1 - for 1 dinner coupon in Her World Magazine


Heh, you guessed it!

The dinner coupon was the main motivator to make me travelled all the way from the northern area to Bukit Timah for a weekday dinner ...


Well, the surroundings remain scenic as mentioned in my previous review featuring Riders Cafe, so I shant elaborate further liao.





This reminds me of a farm, with no "disturbing high rise buildings" within your vision. I would think that the sky should be more starry at night here compared to other parts of Singapore. =p




Mimolette is the white house with a bright red door, next to Riders Cafe.


The house is split into 2 main areas: on the right is the dining area and on the left ( above) is the lounge aka drinking area. I dint stayed for drinks after dinner lah, but the ambience is indeed cozy and romantic, with a European style of setting.




The dining area is dimly lit, with drop- down window panels and pretty chandeliers, almost made me wanna act like a refined lady...



But knowing myself, it was so much easier to assume my usual dining manners, i.e. to drop crumbs everywhere, made loud noise as my fork and knife fight among themselves... Hahaha





We were served this pastry while our orders were been prepared. I tried this before ( but I dunno what's the name) when I went for a buffet in Dubai. It was light and fluffy ( hollow inside) with a tinge of sweetness. My "only complaint" ~> one aint's enuff...




Anyway, the 1-for-1 voucher consisted of appetizer, main course and dessert. Food wise, I dun really find them exeptionally good, especially taking into account of the hefty pricing.
Not too sure whether was it just me, not accustomed to such flavours or was it that the food was really overpriced to stomach comfortably. But I have to admit that I'm someone who enjoys a plate of hokkien mee over smoked ham. Keke




********

Appetizer





Salmon Gravlax ~$24

home cured with cold potato salad, chive vinaigrette and fried quail's egg



Pan Fried Foie Gras ~$30

with picked purple cabbage, blackcurrant - redcurrant and mixed berries emulsion

Not sure about you, but I dun think I'm willing to pay $20+ for appetizer. I'm just " a little ger with pathetic income".. so ar, this is a bit too much for me...


I dun really like smoked ham to begin with and the foie gras that I ordered tasted a bit cha da ( overcooked). Sad lor, I dint even manage to finish the foie gras... wrong choices made. * Shrugged*


*********

Main Course





Pan Seared Black Cod Fillet ~ $34

with corn mousseline, roasted confit leek and parma ham crisp







Crispy Duck Leg Confit ~ $30

with creme polenta, brunoise of mushroom, roasted shallot and cherry liquer jus

My bf ordered the cod fish which was quite alright. I particularly enjoyed the corn sauce which was accompanied with crispy bacon bits.


I ordered the duck leg, but it was a bad bad choice. The shallot aka onion was too overwhelming which spolit the whole dish. Everything just tasted like onion which I dun like. The duck was a bit dry with the attempt to be crispy, I guess... Well, my suggestion? Dun order the duck coz it was not really that fantastic..


*********

Desserts


Thankfully, the desserts were still delightful even though I dint really enjoy the earlier dishes. I wont say they were special, but if I'm to patronize Mimolette again, I probably be just ordering desserts only and of coz to enjoy the ambience. Haha



Chocolate Melt ~$18




Angel Fruit Cake ~$14

with a compote of summer berries, creme fraiche and crushed citrus meringues


Chocolate melt was good with thick dark chocolate lava, a classic dessert that would never fail to please its followers.
On the other side, the angel fruit cake was the one that really amazed me. It was a simple dish of sponge cake with lotza of cream & berries. Yet, it managed to capture "our hearts" despite the knowing fact of the Evil Creamy Fat... Something different and not found elsewhere? At least, not that I known of... ^_^

Overall, we spent around $90+ for the above, AFTER using the 1-for-1 voucher. Still very expensive.
Come here if you would like to impress the ger you are going after bah. Come here if you like to enjoy the refined ambience bah. Come here for dessert bah. Hehe..


*********


MIMOLETTE

Venue: 55 Fairways Drive S(286846)

Contact: 6467 7740





0 comments: