Hard Rock Hotel @ IR Sentosa

10:33:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

One of the latest kid in town, let me present to you.....

* Drums rolling*

* Drums rolling AGAIN*

*
*
*
*

Hard Rock Hotel!

Something to share.. When I first did my booking through the Resorts Hotel website, I had problem accessing the online reservation and the hotline is, surprisingly, not available on weekends.

Nevermind that, I dropped them an email to enquire the rates and availability. At the same time, I browsed to find alternative booking method aka through AsiaTravel. The funny part is Asia Travel quoted me $220 per nite, while Resorts Hotel quoted me $225+. Well, not very significant but still I'm happy to make a small savings. You should compare prices first if you are considering booking a room lor..

Ok, let's proceed to "tour" around the hotel!!

Hotel Main Entrance


 

Hotel Reception


 

Hotel Lobby

The lobby was quite crowded, with lots of people just walking around or lazing at the comfy chairs. Of all hotels ( meaning comparing to Festive, Micheal and Crockfords), I think Hard Rock Hotel lobby is the most unique one. Very spacious. Dim lightning. Modern furnishing.

There is also a bar counter smacked in the centre, serving drinks and small bites. Night time, there is also DJ playing songs here.


Bar Counter

Put aside the glamorous appearance of the hotel, the service standard really needs to improve.

We had a rather unpleasant experience. We were hungry, and were looking for our first meal of the day at 4+pm. The nearest restaurant that is operating serves only buffet. We decided not to go for it since we were having dinner with friends at 7pm.  The other available restaurants sound expensive. So no choice, we got to settle for small bites at the bar counter area lor...

We found ourselves a seat and ordered fish & chips ($10++) and mini burgers ($10++).

Ordering here was a nightmare since the place is very open concept, and the staff is scattered all around. That I can fully understand. But we also saw staff clustered at the bar counter waiting & chit-chatting? That one I cant comprehend lah... I was waving like mad woman, trying to get attention so that I can order drinks. In the end, I fed up and walked up to the counter and made my orders.

While waiting, I went to take photos at the pool area, came back to the lobby, lazed around, people watching, stared at this couple finishing their food beside us.... blah blah blah

Wau lao, where was my damn food & drinks??

We ordered standard drinks like lemon tea also not served. They need to pluck lemons one meh? I kind of "explained my unhappiness" to the staff, who gave a standard reply  "Your order is on the way, another 15mins". =_=


Anyway, we just went up to our room to change into swimwear and then returned to the lobby, and FINALLY the food and drinks came. In case you are wondering, why cant I order room service since I was going back to my room. The answer is because there's NONE lah! No room dining service yet lor....

Food wise tasted okay, but the experience sure put me off and I probably think twice next time.

***********


Our Room - 523



We were given 2 super large twin beds, that can easily accomodate 4 pax if you are of normal sizes. Keke.

 

This is cool! You can slide the panel and place your iphone so that you can play your MP3 directly! I think probably can charge iphone as well! Too bad, I cant bring it home as a souvenir.. hehehe


 


 

I was rather fascinated by the bathroom, which was open concept as well. When you walk in, you will see 2 glass cubicles ~ 1 is the toilet bowl, the other is the standing shower. Did I mention that the glass doors are only frosted in the middle section? Hoho... Can peek wor..



 

The wardrobe can be opened from 2 sides.. I'm taking picture standing at the walkway to the beds, facing the bathroom... Interesting huh? Next time, I want my bathroom to be like this!


When I was younger, I wanted to be an interior designer, coz the job seems to be so much interesting! But then, I gave up the idea, concluding that I probably wont have enough creativity to last me a lifetime to stay in this line and ends up in a damn safe job. This will probably be one of the regrets I have in my life.. Sobz..



 

 
More interesting furnishing



 

View from my room

My room was not facing the swimming pool, so actually not much view as you can see.... contruction nia.. And the hotel is only 6 storey high, so cant even see far.... =(


Panaromic view of the swimming pool

The pool area is made up of man-made beach, normal swimming pool, jacuzzi, slides for the kids..... Not really big, but sure have what's necessary.... Hahaha..

 

 

*************

Breakfast Venue

 

This is where we had our breakfast buffet. Buffet starts at 6/7 am and ends at 10.30am. In normal occasions, I will laze on the bed and probably drag myself to breakfast half an hour before it ends. "Fortunately", we woke up early and went for breakfast at 830am and the place was almost packed.

After 1 or 2 rounds, I overheard the chef saying that the milk pancake was finishing and that was all. Imagine if we came later, probably there wont be much food left!

In case you are wondering, the picture was taken after our breakfast, when most people had eaten and left.

 

 

The spread is quite extensive ~ western, dim sum, indian nann, salad, fruits, pastries etc.

 

 

My own self created BIG BREAKFAST!

 

Salad


Prata and Milk Pancake

 
Laska

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: