Countries that I've visited

3:39:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Heh! I'm back with narrations for the photos.. as promised! =)

Do click on the photo colleges to see the lovely pictures.. Dun be mistaken, I'm not boasting my photography skills. The pictures are lovely because of the natural scenaries of each country!

Nepal
I blogged about this not long ago ( March 10). It was by chance that I was asked to join this trekking trip, and I got to know about this beautiful country. Otherwise, Nepal will probably not in my "To Visit" list of countries. Put aside the "hardships" from the trekking, there were many breathe-taking scenaries that made this trip worthwhile...  

England - London

I went to London in 2008 when the rate was still 2.70. Now the rate is only 2! Argh... I still have pounds with me lor!! Anyone willing to change with me at 2.70?? Keke

We went on a F&E trip and at the same time, visited my friend who was staying there. It was great to go on F&E as you decided where you want to go.. So we went to London Eye, Big Ben, Bath, Stonenage and many more..

Taiwan

I went to Taiwan twice, covering Taipei, Kao Shiong, Keting, Tainan, Taizhaong, Hualian. My favourite part of Taiwan is of coz the food! Basically, it's a food paradise with lotza night markets to eat and shop. Not to forget, it also has many nice scenaries..

Thailand

Another shopping & food paradise!! Since 4 years ago, I start to go there once a year. It's like an annual shopping trip that I will never get sick of, coz everything is damn cheap there!

And I love the Thai food there.. Phai Thai, Tom Yam Soup, Green Curry... So yummy! Besides that, the Japanese resturant at MBK, the seafood stall at Chinatown are all so good.. But but... That's not all! Haha.. I can always find a new & cheap place to makan each time I go there...

Scotland - Edinburgh

This is definitely a very castle country ~ I must have at least visited 3 castles in Edinburgh alone! I enjoyed listening to the stories behind the high walls of these castles. It would have been much entertaining if I was not trying my hardest to understand the Scotish-slang english . Oops... =p

Again, breathe taking sceneries and of coz , the search for Ness was in vain.

France - Paris

What comes into mind when you think of Paris? Eiffle Towel ? LV? Lourve? Mona Lisa?

Well of coz, a visit to these famous places is a must. We did our little "research" to get the best deals, such as visiting the Lourve on the first sun of the month to enjoy free entrance.. The place is so big that you probably need to set aside a day if you want to cover all...

This is also a paradise for LV lovers ~ a whole building of LV which was damn crowded, for a moment I thought I had stepped into a supermarket... everyone was buying LV as if they were normal goods...*Shrugged*

Macau

Macau is pretty small, which probably just need a day to see the major attractions such as the St Paul's Ruins. Well, if you are a gambler, then I suppose a week may not even be enuff lor... Haha

Really loved the egg tarts there. More oily but more yummy! Haha, heng we have KFC serving similiar egg tarts here, if not, I will be feeling so deprived!

Malaysia

This is probably the first country that I went for sight-seeing. I've been to Penang, Ipoh, Melacca, KL and of coz Johor ( countless times) lah... Though nowadays I only go for shopping and food.. It's only 45mins from my house, which is roughly the same travelling time to Orchard for me. Well, why not? Since movies are cheaper, KTV is cheaper, food is also cheaper!

China

I went to China twice for sight-seeing ( Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Suzhou, Guanzhong) and twice for work(Shenzhen). The weather was damn dried in my first visit and I ended up not able to use soap to bath since then, otherwise I will feel very itchy. The toilet condition was terrible then. I saw so many bums ( coz toilet dint have a door) ! Trust me, it was really unsightly! But I believe the condition should have improved since the Olympic was held there last year. *Cross fingers*

Hongkong

It was more than 10 years ago when I went HK with friends after school exam. It was a pretty nice experience as it was the first time I went overseas without my parents! The only thing I remembered then was Ocean Park and Lo Po Bing... 

In the recent years that I went HK, the trips didnt seem so "eventful" except that I get to see Mickey & Minnie Mouse speaking Cantonese ~ Ne Ho Ma ( aka how are you). Keke..

Japan

Japan is my favourite country! Hoping the Yen will drop soon, so that I can go Hokiaddo next year! *Praying*

Love the food, the weather, the culture, the sight-seeing, the people... EVERYTHING! The time we went was in April and we were lucky enough to see full bloom sakura ^__^

The Japanese are all very polite, at least those that we had encountered during our visits, which made the whole experience even better! You can walk into a designer labelled shop in casual and they will still treat you like a special guest.

Dubai

I went to Dubai for work, which happened to include some attractions visiting. Again, it is a country that I probably will not visit on my own. Then again, it was my first dessert trip and I was really looking forward to it! But too bad, I phewed so much that I dint manage to try the sand-boarding.. >.<

Australia

If I remember correctly, I must have visited Australia for more than 5 times? Being to perth, brisbane, goldcoast, adelaide etc.

Why so many times? Hmm.. because the travel expenses are relatively ok, considering the exchange rates. What's more, I have frens & relatives staying there mah. I loved to visit frens... so that I can save on accomodations! =D

Next location ~ Tasmania... In the pipeline!

******

Other countries with no digital photographs ( that's when we were still using film camera!)


USA

My uncle emigrated there, so I went there with my family and was there for almost 3 weeks. Tried my first attempt of snow skiing there, and it was there I witnessed snowing. Noted that I meant snow-ING and not just just snow. COOL!

I also went to Disneyland at California, which was more of kid rides. My auntie mentioned that the one at Orlando is much more exciting wor...

Well, my memories of USA are fading fast, perhaps time to revisit? Keke

Korea

I went to Korea before the Korean craze, so it was much cheaper then. Now, the cost to go there is just few hundred less compared to going Japan. Since that's the case, I will definitely choose Japan. Haha..

A lot of temples and bbq food and of coz, the famous ginseng chicken. Hmm.. I can never find a similar taste in Singapore, the ginseng chicken was really good there. A pity that I miss out the Teddy Bear Museum at Jeju Island, but I dont think I will go Korea again.

New Zealand

First time I went with my family, which we covered both North and South NZ. The second time I went with friends after Uni, only to South NZ, which is supposed to be more scenic. Definitely a place great for nature lovers. I missed the farm stay, the hospitality of the people there and Buffy, the family dog..

Do leave me a comment if you want contacts for family stay!

Indonesia

Mosquito infested place.. YuckS! I shall never go there again!! Anyway, my frens said Bali is jinz-ed place for couples. Those couples who went there will probably break up after the trip. Believe it or not, I rather not take the risk... Not to mention, there could be a lot of unrested souls... * SHivered*


*******
Ok, let me count count... 1,2,3....


Woohoo.. A total of 17 countries! ^_^


0 comments: