Table at 7

10:57:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

TABLE AT 7
Venue: 7 Mohamed Sultan Road S (238957)
Contact: 6836 6362
*******

This is rather a small and cozy restaurant, I reckon that it probably can only accommodate 40-50 pax? So do make a reservation if you wanna try this out!

We went there to celebrate my bdae in September, after hearing ravings of it from friends. When we were there, I already got good feelings. Service staff was very helpful to explain the dishes to us and serving of each course was rather prompt.
Complimentary Bread & Appetizer

The bread serving was a lot, considering that there were only the 2 of us. But because it was so soft and fluffy, we finished it anyway. Keke

Other than the bread, we were also served a small appetizer (FOC) made up of tuna and cold cucumber. Nice gesture. ^_^
Char-grilled Seafood with special Shrimp Sambal, Mesclun Salad and Lime - $18

OMG! We really loved this! The squid and prawns were so succulent and chewy with a nice charcoal grilled aroma. And the squid was HUGE but the prawns can be bigger lah =p

Loved it when restaurant is willing to "invest" in good & fresh ingredients - the seafood was good on its own.  And if you wanna it to be better, tip it with the sweet sauce (with a tinge of spiciness) that came with it.
Twice - Baked Caramelized Onion & Gruyere Cheese Souffle , White Wine Fondue Sauce - $16

The name itself is already so impressive! Wait till you get to eat this, I guarantee you that you will definitely love this! And if you dun, then I will come and finish it for you! =p

I really adore French Onion Soup but this had exceeded my expectation. I cant find any trails of onion but I can taste the sweetness of it. I guess the onions were probably mashed together with the cheese, cleverly hidden from those who dun like onions. I particularly like the part where it was a bit char da (caramelized/burnt)... wah, I tell you... super nice ar. I literally licked the bowl lor. *Drooled*

This is a must order!!

I'll be back here for this dish, so please dun remove it from the menu!!
Pan seared Rock Cod on Jerusalem Artichoke Puree, Wilted Baby Spinach and Scampi Glaze - $38

In comparison, the main courses were less impressive. Dun get me wrong, they were delicious as well but our "anticipation for higher heights" were not met. Haha. That's the problem when the starters are too good.

Lesson learnt: Serve mediocre starters and your diners will be satisfied with just good mains. Up the expectation with fantastic desserts and the diners will be "hooked" forever... HOHOHOHO (wicked luff not Santa luff)

Hey, that's me if I'm a restaurant owner, but dun worry lah, I cant execute my "scheming plot" coz I cant really cook and I dun believe in setting up restaurant by relying on chefs I have to hire. If the chef zha lou (aka run away), then I madi (die) ar! 

Enuff of my crap, the codfish was good, but it tasted a bit different from the codfish I usually ate. I'm referring to the texture but I cant really pinpoint the difference. *Shrugged*

Mash potato was so smooth & creamy that I'm sure it qualified to be served as baby food. And did I mention that I love spinach? I noticed codfish is usually served with spinach & mash potato. All my favourite in one plate! Blissful!  ^_^
Home-made Crispy Duck Leg Confit served on Smoked Bacon, Lyonnais Potatoes, fine Beans and Port reduction - $32

I really dun understand why the name of the dish need to be sooooo long! It was quite a handful to type and probably half of it, I dunno what it means. Oh well...

And yes, it is Duck Confit AGAIN! If you have been following my blog, you will know that I have eaten duck confit for at least 4 occasions in the past few weeks.

The duck confit here was one of the better ones. Well, looking at the price, I will expect so, dun you? The skin was really crispy and yet the meat remain moist and tender. Thumbs up!
Warm Valrhona Chocolate Tart with Mocha Sorbet and Chocolate Caramel - $16
Hazelnut Chocolate Symphony with Mint Meringue, Chocolate Soil and Golden Nougat served with Raspberry Sorbet - $18

What's the best way to end a p-p-perfect meal? Desserts of coz!

Most of the choices are chocolate stuff which is hard to go wrong. But if you are more adventurous, probably you can try the Lavendar Bread Pudding with Lychee Sorbet & Pineapple Form. I adore lychee sorbet, but the rest of the ingredients sound too"exotic" for us and we were really full and dun think we can stomach the bread pudding.  Let me know if you have tried this, I'm curious to know how it tastes like! Hehe

Overall, a very satisfying food and service. Price is hefty for normal meal occasion, but I guess all of us deserve a good meal once in a while, so why not try out Table at 7? =)

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: