Table 66

12:30:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

SKYVE ELEMENTARY BISTRO AND BAR (previously TABLE 66)
Venue: 10 Winstedt Road Block E, #01-17
Contact: 6225 6690
Website: http://www.skyve.sg(new)
http://table66.com.sg(old)

********
Thanks to my colleague, we were all given a treat here at Table 66. Woo hoo! I love free lunch! =p

Before I continue, I really need to express my "dissatisfaction" on how restaurants and buildings nowadays are displaying a lack of novelty and creativity. Why are there more & more restaurants (Triple 3, Table at 7 etc) & buildings (313, 311, 112) using numbers to call themselves? As if we dun already have all the passwords and contact numbers etc to remember, do they really need to add on to our confusion and exploit our pathetic memory size? *Sigh*

Oh well, Table 66 used to be located at 66 Tras Street. We were informed that they are moving out soon, which I dint manage to jot down the new location. So do check out the website / call for the new location. I will update the address as soon as I find out where exactly. But hor, maybe they will change their name to something else since they will not be at 66 Tras Street anymore? Hahhahah..

New update: True enough, the restaurant has changed name!LOL.. but the new name is kinda wordy...
Menu

There were quite a number of us, so we ordered a variety of starters & main courses out from the selection of the 2 set menu.

For starters, we had the following:
Soup of the Day (Pumpkin Soup)

Silly me, I chose the pumpkin soup, which was passable only. In fact, artificially sweet for my liking. 

The bread was complementary for all, with extra charges if you like to have more. A bit neow (stingy) on the restaurant, how much can extra bread cost? To begin with, they were rather small in size.
Seared Foie Gras | Compressed Asian Pear | Shallot Marmalade | Brioche

Foie gras when not treated properly, has a stingy smell / taste, but here, the foie gras was great! Given a choice again, I'll definitely top up $4 for this.

Particularly like how the sides was paired p-p-perfectly with the foie gras. The serving was just nice to feel satisfied and yet not too over-whelming. I mean foie gras is a nice ATAS (expensive) term, but it is, in simpler term ~> liver, which I dun think it will taste good if the portion is too big. Keke
Seaweed & Bonito Crusted Bean Curd | Tempura of Enokitake Mushroom | Mesclun Salad

This was a very light starter, good for those who are healthy conscious or simply just vege lovers. Definitely not my kind. Haha.. I'm a meat eater!! ROARRRR.... =p
Oyster ~ $24

We ordered 2 half dozen oysters to share. Sad to say, the oyster was not good ~ got a very fishy smell. It was so bad, I literally swallowed mine after the first chew. The aftertaste was horrible also, got to gulp down iced water to wash the taste away.

We feedback to the staff, but the answer was "it was meant to taste as such". Hmm.. not a very good answer. It felt like we were denied of our ability to differentiate taste. On a positive side, the restaurant agreed to waive of the charge for 1 half dozen. I guess, fair enuff. Then again, I wouldn't want to order oysters ever again since oysters here are meant to taste fishy. *Shrugged*

Next! Main course...
Confit of Duck Leg (Sous Vide) | Sauteed Brocolli

*Yawn* I know... duck confit AGAIN!

 Here the duck confit was okay, although I felt that the sauce was a tad too salty.
Beef Medallion | Fine Asparagus | Olive & Parsley Pommpe Puree

I dint get to try this, but comments from those who took this was good. Disclaimer hor, dun blame me if it isnt, blame my colleagues. *Point fingers at colleagues* =p
Catch of the Day

Took a small bite of this.  Fish was pretty fresh although not enuff to impress or maybe I dint eat enuff to feel impressed.. Hoho
Lamb Leg

Lamb has never been my favorite meat. Again, I didnt try this. My colleague who tried this commented that it was not as good as expectation. I guess not much of a clue to those who wanna know how it tastes like, since expectation is very subjective. Oops... =p

Finally, dessert time!
Dessert of the day was coffee cake. Not too bad but I was so full that I cant really finished the cake. Dun get me wrong, serving was not that huge, just that a tad slow only. So we had lotza time in between courses to digest the food and of coz, sent "signal" to the brain. LOL

Btw, LOL means "laugh out loud". I just went to a English course, of which the speaker thought that LOL means "lot of love". Theoretically, nothing wrong. but I guess we were too used to abbreviation that we assumed everyone understands what we means. Keke
Chocolate Lava Cake

This was ordered from the ala carte menu as one of my colleague doesnt take coffee cake. She finished the cake so I guess it was good? Hee


With that, I finally finished all the 5 restaurants that I've been to and which are featured in the Restaurant Week. Out of the 5, my own preference is Table at 7 & The Tasting Room. How about yours? ^_^

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: