Day 1 : Taipei - Eat all the way!

2:30:00 PM Unknown 1 Comments

I was at Taipei for 5 days last week for my wedding shoot, so not much of touring the place except for the last 2-3 days.  But hor, we went to many places to eat! Taiwan is really a food paradise! ^_^

My initial plan of places to makan:

1) ZHANG JI GUO TIE NIU ROU MIEN- Not found
2) 于記杏仁豆腐 - Checked!
3) Shilin Night Market (士林夜市) - Checked!
4) 忍者主題餐廳‎  (Ninja Jap Resturant) - owns/endorses by Makiyo (Taiwanese celebrity) - Checked!
5) Hello Kitty Sweets - Checked!
6) Shida Night Market - No time
7) Gongguan Night Market - No time
8) 阜杭豆漿 Fu-Hang Dou Jiang - Checked!
9)  Jiufen - Checked!
10) 基隆廟口夜市 - Checked!
11) 阿宗麵線 - Checked!
12) Mr.J義法廚房II - Secret Theme - owns by Jay Zhou (Taiwanese celebrity) - Checked!

I took pride that we had managed to clear most of my list! And we definitely ate more than that, which I think most ppl will probably feel disgusted. Aiya, the advantage of going trips with DAD ( 2 some more) ~ you can order all you want, and they will finish all the food! LOL

Let's start the food journey!
P.S I'm a bit lazy to re-size the pictures, so just make do with the standard large size format, okie?=p

Day 1

Reached Taipei, and damn it, it was raining. With luggage and 4 elderly (aka our both parents), we were in no condition to take the public transport, so we ended up in 2 cabs. And the total fare to ferry 6 pax was about NT2200! Okay, it was not that expensive considered that airport transfer in Singapore is also a flat charge of S$50 - S$60 for a cab. But I'm telling you now the price paid was expensive coz the transfer for our return flight was only NT1300 on a mini bus/van lor. Oh well, lesson learnt ~ I should arrange the airport transfer beforehand! Bleah!

I stayed in a hotel at Ximending area. The hotel was booked by the bridal shop, nothing fantastic except for the location. I'm sure you can find a better hotel with cheap internet rates, superb location anytime so I'm not gonna "advertise" the hotel I stayed here.

Once we checked in, we were all so set to go find food coz there was no food served in the plane mah. We went to look for the first item on my list aka ZHANG JI GUO TIE NIU ROU MIEN. Erm, couldn't find even though we asked people on the street. People in Taiwan are mostly very friendly and helpful, but make sure you get the street name & place in chinese with the right pronunciation so that they can help you find the place you wanna go!


Taro puff that I bought from a random confectionery, just outside Exit 4, Ximen Station at NT50 (~S$2). The cream tasted like ice-cream, nice!


Anyway, since we couldnt find the place, we ended up at this random shop for lunch.





Except for the raman, the rice plates were tasty with a generous portion of meat & vegetables. The raman was kinda bland lah. Whose choice? Mine lor...  ~_~

So while the rest were devouring their rice plates, I can only drool saliva....

No lah, of coz not! Knowing me, I confirmed picked on their food. My favourite? The pig trotters! The dish was very 入味 (flavorful) and the pig skin was very soft. I could totally tasted collagen! Hehe

The total price was NT460 (~S$20) for 6 portion. Cheap right? I wonder how the Taiwanese maintain their figures when there is so much good and cheap food there!

Next, item 2!

于記杏仁豆腐
100 Taiwan Taipei City Jhongjheng District Héngyáng Road 101號
http://www.yustofu.com.tw/
Opening hours:10:30 - 22:30
Nearest MRT: Ximen Station, Exit 4 




I ordered the 综合杏仁烧 (NT65 , ~S$3) where you can mix the almond milk with your choices of 4 from the selection above. Hmm, I would say it's only appealing for people who adore almond milk. Girls should drink more, almond milk is good for complexion!

Next we proceed to the "heart" of the Ximending shopping area for 阿宗麵線 (my item 11). And yup, we were still at lunch. Wait lah, got many things to eat so need to eat more per meal.



My dad saw this food peddler selling mochi, so we bought an assortment (NT50, ~$2) to try. This one so-so only.

Finally, we reached the famous mee suan. If you see Macdonald, then you are in the right direction! Personally, I dun really like the mee suan, but as a mini "tour guide", I brought our parents there to try lor. =p

阿宗麵線
108 Taiwan Taipei City Wanhua District峨嵋街8之1號
Nearest MRT: Ximen Station, Exit 6



There was no activities today as we needed to go and choose our wedding gown for photo shoot while our parents went to 淡水 on their own. If anyone want a recommendation for Taiwan Bridal Shoot, leave me a message! =p

After we were done, we met up with our parents for dinner. Oh yeah, my item 3! It's a place where you can go crazy munching around and there's shopping too!

P.S It's where I bought my red Hello Kitty bag =)

Shilin Night Market (士林夜市) 
111 Taiwan Chung Shan North Road, Section 4,Taipei,111 (Taiwan文林路と基河路の間)
Nearest MRT: Jiantan Station, Exit 1
Opening hours: 4pm - 2am


BBQ Abalone Mushroom

Caramelized Sweet Potato


We saw queue for this and as a Singaporean, we joined the queue without knowing what it was! LOL


Oh well, it was actually chives wrapped in meat. Erm, dun really like leh. Coz in the first place, we dun like chives and the meat was kinda tough, too rubbery to chew. 


Then we ordered this 鲁肉饭 & 鱼羹.  Come to Taiwan, must eat these 2 dishes ya? Superb tasty! Cannot resist even though we should restrain for our photo shoot the next day! That was how good they were.

鱼羹 tasted like shark fin soup, and the mee hoon was super fine. I would intro a better 鲁肉饭 in Day 4, even thought I felt that here was good also! Keke


And yup, we also ordered 豆花 (beancurd) & 仙草 (grass jelly) for desserts. The ball (e.g taro, sweet potato) stuff that came with the desserts were super q!

Smelly Beancurd

Then we realized there was a food court in the basement! Wah piang, we oreadi ate so much. Bo pian, so we tabao back to the hotel to eat.


Super Big Chicken Chop at NT60 (~S$3)

BBQ Scallop


Bought this when I was waiting for my chicken chop.. keke.

Fried Milk


I recommend this! Must try!

It tasted like fried pudding, hot on the outside and soft creamy inside.  Slurp slurp!

Oyster Omelette

The oyster omelette here was good okay? Big and not smelly at all! And it comes from me, someone who will order fried chay teow without oyster in Singapore! So here must be good lah!

Day 2 Food journey coming up soon... =)

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

1 comments:

travelDude said...

hi..nice reviews on taiwan! Anw Really feel like going there and eat all the food!