Day 4: Taipei - Eat all the way!

8:46:00 PM Unknown 4 Comments

Finally, a full day of food and sightseeing! Yeah, no more wedding photoshoot stuff, and we can truly enjoy our stay in Taipei!

Well, because we wanted to eat breakfast, so the day started off at 830am. Yawnzzz.... The saying, early bird gets to eat the worm... I'm never so "hardworking" when it comes to breakfast in Singapore lor... =p

阜杭豆漿 Fu-Hang Dou Jiang
台北市中正區忠孝東路一段108號2樓之28(華山市場二樓) 2F, Huashan Market Building
Nearest MRT: Shandao Temple Station (Exit 5)
Opening hour: 05:30~11:00


This is supposed to be a old shop with over 50yrs history. Must be good lah!

It is located in the food court at level 2 of Huashan Market Building. The food court was packed with customers who were all there for breakfast, since the other stalls were not opened for business yet. And that's not even counting those who merely wanted take-away.

Soya milk was quite similar to Singapore's one, in fact, I much preferred the charcoal grilled one I had on Day 3. In terms of food, they have a varieties to choose from ~ fried you tiao to crepes and to all sorts sweet & savor pantries. I randomly picked a few to try, pretty good, especially when they were all hot & freshly made. Great energy booster to start the day! =) 

Next, sight-viewing!


野柳 Yeliu

I came to Yeliu years ago, but since this is like one of the must-go place in Taipei and before the Queen's Head is "chopped off", we came here with parents anyway.



Close up of the stone thingy.


And a very far view of the Queen's Head. It was so packed with tourist, that people had to queue up to take a photo with the Queen's Head. Oh man.

If you dun wan to queue, there is actually a replicate before you enter the stones area.

九份 Jiu Fen

A place where there used to be only 9 households and that's how the name comes about. One of my favourite place ~ a lot of good food and food stuff to bring home as souvenir!

Beef noodles with herbal soup

According to our driver, this is not the place for the best beef noodles. But to me, it was good enough, much better than those I had in Singapore. In particular, I adored the herbal soup, so it's a must-eat everytime I'm back there.  It's the first shop near the entrance, so you cannot miss it!


In the same shop, there's another stall selling hot beancurd in ginger/ red bean soup etc. The colourful stuff are made of taro, sweet potato etc, very chewy. Nice!



 Ice Cream with peanut shaving + parsley

I've been yearning for this since I saw this featured on the Taiwanese TV show. Dun you think this is very unique? I mean ice cream with peanut shaving in popian skin sounds still acceptable, but with parsley? Wow, that's something unique.

No selection for ice-cream flavours ~ there is 3 flavours: pineapple, yam and sth which I cant remember. And it's super cheap ~ 3 for NT100. We wanted to share food so we bought 3 at first, but because we liked it so much, we went back to the same stall and bought another 3. =)

BBQ squid

Big squid caught my attention but tastewise, somewhat peppery for my liking.

BBQ shells

The stall next to the BBQ squid is much more interesting ~ first time eating this! I dunno what to call this shell thingy, but it was good stuff, worth the wait. Hee


Texture tasted like abalone ~ chewy.  I love food that is chewy. Keke

The red sauce was not chilli, but I cant made up what it was. Anyway, it tasted good with the shell thingy, so who cares?

Chinese Sausage

Yam Kueh

Freshly out from the steamer, with chunky pieces of yam. Not too bad.

卤味

We brought the 豆干 , pig intestine, pig skin to try.

The pig skin was so tough, that I had to use extra effort to chew so that I can swallow it. Not so good, i guess? My version of good pig skin is one that will literally melts in the mouth. 

The pig intestine I dun feel like trying and ended up, the 豆干 tasted the best among the three. Food was also cold.

But the weird thing is, the queue for this stall was quite long leh. *Shrugged*

Fish/Meat Balls + 红糟鸡

The balls were pretty normal and the soup was bland. My advice, if you have a small tummy, maybe you wish to skip this.

The other plate, hmm, hard to explain when I dunno what this is called.  It was chicken (红糟鸡) wrapped with tapioca skin? Alamak, I dunno lah. 

Something not found in Singapore, worth a try. =)


More cute doggies before I move on to more sight-seeing.

黃金博物館 Gold Museum


There is this 220kg gold bar in this museum, and my driver told us that you can bring it back if you can carry it.

The price of it at today's gold rate? $300million!

I may got the dollar wrong, coz I dun really know where's the decimal place. LOL

Regardless, it still worth a lot of money!

黃金瀑布

陰陽海

Finally, another highlight of the day ~ Keelong Night Market!

Dun be fooled be the name, actually it is opened 24 hours. Another food spree!

基隆廟口夜市 (24 hours)
200 Taiwan基隆市仁愛區基隆市仁愛區仁三路
http://www.miaokow.org/

I cant really say how to come here since we hired a whole day driver rather than taking the public transport. But I'm sure there will be other blogs who will say so.. Keke


I like Keelong! It's very organised and there are sooo many stalls!

Oyster Omelette

Fish Soup + Glutinous Rice


There are many stalls selling seafood such as crabs, prawns, shells.

Dun go to this stall! Food was okay but it charged the highest for the crabs. All the other stalls were selling at only NT200. Humpt!



Taro in biscuit


This is again, something new to me. I came here and realized I'm super sua ku (mountain turtle), a lot of food is new to me. 

My dad went to buy this when we were waiting for our seafood. Not a minute wasted! keke

十分 Shi Fen

After piggy out at Keelong, we went Shi Fen to 放天灯 ~ which means release paper lantern (works like hot air balloon) to the sky for good luck.

Dunno about the good luck, we tried for the sake of fun ~ with fireworks to add on to the fun!


Miniature 天灯 for souvenirs...


And that's not all, how can we do without supper?? =p



This was recommended by the driver for the best 鲁肉饭 (minced pork rice).  Indeed, it was good and I'm missing it now. Sob ~_~

Location wise, it is near 宁夏夜市, just a street away. Just ask around for the exact location bah!

Oh ya, I didnt manage to go 宁夏夜市, but I heard from the driver that this is a must-go night market, coz most of the stalls have more than 50 years history. I will visit it on my next trip to Taipei!

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

4 comments:

travelDude said...

i like your review on the food and did you see Makiyo in her restaurant?..cant wait for u next post on taiwan!

Unknown said...

Nope, didnt see her wor... But the bridal shop staff said the Ninja restaurant is endorsed rather than owned by her... Hmm.. Anyhow, the food is good!

Next post coming up soon! Stay tuned! ^_^

the 红糟鸡 is marinated and cooked with the residue of a kind of rice wine. there's the white kind. This is red. I think it's a hokkien food. I enjoy reading ur food review since i'm going to taipei next month. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Wanying,

Thanks for reading my blog and I'm glad you enjoy it!

Let me know if you come to know any good hangout in Taipei, ya? I will mark it down for my next trip there..like maybe soon? LoL