iI Lido [Closed]

5:17:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

iL Lido
Venue: Sentosa Golf Club, 27 Bukit Manis Road
Contact: 68661977
Website: http://www.il-lido.com

*********
I had selected iL Lido out of elimination, as by the time I tried to book a restaurant in the Restaurant Week, most  of them were fully booked or the menu didnt interest me at all. Glad to say, it turned out to be a pleasure experience, and I'm already thinking of coming back here again for the next Restaurant Week. ^_^

It was a clear & bright saturday noon, and a great scenery welcomed us. We were all set to start our lunch! Surprisingly, it was not fully booked but I thought it was better, as we can then truly enjoyed our lunch without a crowd. Keke

Let' take a peek at the menu!
I was expecting a 3 course lunch as per the standard promotion offered at Restaurant Week, but look at that menu! Big grin ^______^
1st item: Amuse Bouche

Okay, I had no idea what's "Amuse Bouche", and the nice staff kindly explained that it meant chef's complimentary. 

As usual, Wikipedia is here to solve all "mysteries"!

An amuse-bouche [amyzbuʃ] or amuse-gueule [amyzÉ¡Å“l] is a single, bite-sized hors d’Å“uvre.[1] Amuse-bouches are different from appetizers in that they are not ordered from a menu by patrons, but, when served, are done so according to the chef's selection alone. These, often accompanied by a complementing wine, are served as a little tingler for the taste buds both to prepare the guest for the meal and to offer a glimpse into the chef's approach to cooking.

The term is French, literally translated to "mouth amuser"

Frankly, I dun really care what it was, but it sound great to have free items on the menu! Yeah! I already loved iL Lido. Muack muack!
We were first served a big basket of bread, that were toasted till they were crispy like biscuits. I thought they were a tad too hard, and there were no spread. But hor, we almost finished the whole basket, so I guess, we liked the biscuit-bread anyway. Keke

Next ~ a cold soup made of cantaloupe. Technically, it cannot be considered a soup but rather a fruit puree/drink. 

Refreshing and definitely helped to cool me down, as I was starting to perspire. Hey, I thought it was much nicer to have alfresco dining, given that they has such a nice scenery, but forgetting I was in Singapore where sitting down with no movement at all can make me sweat like anything. ~_~
This was like fried potato balls, served fresh and warm. They were placed in a plate full of bread crumbs and we were told to pick them up using our fingers, which I didnt manage to take a picture obviously.
The wines were not complimentary. Our extra orders: Port ($24) for the boy and Moscato ($12) for the girl (me lah).
2nd item: Warm Prawn Salad

The artichoke cream paste was unique and the prawns were huge! Such generosity!
3rd item: Crab Cappeiietti

This was my favourite dish of all!  I have shown my "favourism" over this dish by dedicating 2 photo storage to it! =p

Very thin skin that almost felt nothing, and the dumpling were filled with crab meat. Although not much of the crab taste since it was shredded so finely, it was nicely complemented by the tomato sauce. A very good combination and I wished for more... 
4th item: A choice of Snapper or Beef Cheek

We took one of each to have a variety.

The mains were not as interesting as the appetizers.  The snapper was a bit bland, okay but could have been more flavorful.  As for the beef cheek, I guess I dun really like soft beef but bf said it was pretty good.

Mash on the other hand was good, and we polished it off even thought we were super full by then.

By the time we finished the main course, I oreadi felt that my butts were wet. >.< 

*Gracious gracious!!*

Erm, I meant it was too hot...  

The very attentive staff approached me and offered to change my the seat indoor. It was a god-send!
OoooOooo.... air con.  ^______^

10/10 for the service!
5th item:Tiramisu

It was pretty hard to go wrong with Tiramisu, so expected good.
6th item:  Earl Grey Tea with little treats

As it was so comfortable inside, we chatted over tea and we finished the little treats. We must have stayed there for at least 2 hours! A really nice place to spend the afternoon. =)

Overall, food was decent, service was good, ambiance was great! A very satisfying meal indeed! 
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: