L'Entrecote

10:43:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

L'ENTRECOTE
Venue: 36 Duxton Hill
Contact: 6238 5700

*********
Hold your steps if you are someone who dun take beef! Well, because there's the only main course, ie. beef served here.  However, there's still some selection for appetizers and desserts.


The restaurant is rather small, with tables so close to each other that you are probably "stuck" in your seat if you are not taking the outer seat. I reckon you must be able to hold your bladder pretty well or try not to drink too much liquid while you are sitting inside. The waiter needed to pull out the table in order for me to be seated inside, where I was stuck for 1+ hour. Definitely not a place to share secrets. LOL
Complimentary rose wine

Complimentary Bread

Homemade Duck Foie Gras Terrine - $19
with sugar glazed onions and grilled buttered Poilane bread

A super big piece of duck foie gras was given, which made the presentation not so pleasant. Taste wise, I find it salty and too 'fishy' for my liking. We didnt finish it, and we noticed that the table beside us also didnt finish the foie gras.

Lesson learnt: Please open your eyes big big and observe your surroundings - Do not order food which other diners did not finish, and I mean majority of the portion!

Entrecote Steak & Walnuts Green Salad - $29

Additional legendary sauce/ walnuts green salad at $5.

The green salad with the additional walnuts was a nice starter before we indulged ourselves in lotza meat! Oh yeah, the most appealing part of having dinner here to me is ~ both the fries and beef are refillable. Great news for big eaters huh?

Taste wise, pretty mediocre and I dun quite understand what's so great about the "legendary" sauce that people actually need to top up $5 for additional sauce, while it's free to top up the beef. Doesn't sound logical to me. The beef itself came in 4 doneness - raw, medium raw, medium done & well done. Yes, there were dinners beside me who took the 'raw' option..  felt weird to me.

Overall, it was a rather passable meal with little variety. Probably a better choice for those who merely just wan the quantity. *Shrugged*

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: