True Spa vs Subtle Senses

1:41:00 AM Unknown 8 Comments

For those True Spa members, I'm sure all of you have been notified by mail that "Subtle Senses (SS) and True Spa (TS) have entered a partnership that would see SS taking over the operations of TS's outlets at Ngee Ann City and Cuppage Terrace". This was quoted in the mailer.

It seems to be a relief....erm, at first... *shrugged*

Seeing so many beauty & nail palours closing down without any compensation to their customers, some even without any notice, customers only found out when they visited the palours.. it sure was a great relief to know that TS and SS is merely a partnership ( not closing down) and that "SS will honour ALL existing packages purchased from TS." Again, quoted in the mailer.

Well, that's what I thought. >.<

Until I suddenly felt like going for a massage, then I realised something amiss. I read through the forums and everyone was practically complaining about the "merger".

I called Cuppage Branch (Tel:62359555), only to be told that it was transferred to Taka Branch. Anyway I tried to make booking but apparently it was all fully booked, yes both weekday evenings and weekends until Sept. Anyway, the ger who I spoke to dint seem to be helpful at all, so I asked for Cuppage number (Tel: 6220 6646 / 6220 6656) to try my luck. These are actually numbers for SS.

I called SS and was told that  TS members can only utilise the facilities at Taka Branch. I'm thinking, WTH, then why did the receptionist at Taka Branch gave me SS's number at Cuppage, knowing that I cant book an appointment there? And when I tried to call back TS, the number ( both 62359555 & 67329555) was either not picked up, or picked up and hung up. This was rather uncomforting and I decided to make a trip down personally.

I went to Taka True Spa and guess what?

WOW...There was a receptionist at the counter!  Then, why nobody answer my calls?? I casually asked whether there's a change of number for Taka branch, which the receptionist told me the number is still the number at 67329555. Anyway, I told the receptionist I'm a TS member and she got another consultant (Eileen) to speak to me.

Eileen went  to retrieve my  personal file, which suppose to have my sign-off for my utilisation. Remember that we were always told to sign off on a white card at the end of the session, yup, referring to those.  Apparently, my file cannot be found for whatsoever reason. The only hardcore information is those records still in the system, which will reflect your package value, your utilisation and your balance.

For illustration purposes, if you sign up for a package of value $4000, and you have used 10 massage session ( 100 credits each) based on the information retrieved from the system/individual files, your remaining balance will be $4k - $1k = $3k. SS will convert this $3k into e.g. 30 session of massage ( 30 x 100 credits), which has to be used within 3 yrs. It will be no longer lifetime, as under TS's regime.

Also, there will be no more hydrobath / foot spa ( Damn it, I really like the hydrobath!) which are free under TS's package. Instead, SS will replace this with body scrub for your massage, or eye mask for facial.

To be fair for both parties, I was told to go back and consider whether I wanna settle by the suggested solution while at the same time, SS try to find my file. Fair enuff.

I'm still pretty sceptical of what's gonna happens next, having read so many negative comments from the forums. So let's see how it goes...

As for the appointment booking, I guess I probably need to make a trip down personally everytime I want to arrange for one coz they dun pick up the call. I should have tried to call the number while I'm standing outside TS/SS -> to test whether it's true the receptionist dun ans call... Whoever is going down, please remember to try!

And oh ya, my consultant resigned just before the announcement. If you read the forums, there were also others whose consultants resigned during the period. Another sign that something was amiss, but I failed to pick it up.

Moral of the story, dun sign up for packages, even if they promise you lifetime usage with no expiry. If you do wanna take up the cheaper offer from getting a package, try to use it as fast as you can. Coz you never know whether you will be the next victim of a closed down parlour. Even such thing happens to a big company like TS which is suppose to be finanically stable. I really have no faith..

Hope this is informative for all TS members like myself, and do leave comments if you have further information to share! I will update again when there's more progress!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

so do u manage to book any session now? im also one of the victim

Unknown said...

I just called in to make a booking, using 2 phones at the same time to call the 2 numbers.. and called like 30 times before I got thru the line...

Oh well, no choice.. The spa session is meant to be de-stressing, but then the making of appt is so stressful!

I just wanna quickly finish it and NEVER to sign up any package in the future! Humpt

Me said...

Takashimaya is way too crowded as it's opened to ex-True Spa members who are not allowed to use cuppage and mosque street facilities. I contacted the cuppage outlet one day in a fit of anger to complain and they arranged to meet me. (note: the cuppage outlet has 2 receps who are very prompt in answering calls as proven in all 4 times i've called them)

the results of the meeting? they converted my membership that allowed me to only go to the cuppage outlet. before you think it's worse off, subtle senses members are not automatically allowed access to the facilities at cuppage. hence cuppage has a smaller crowd. i managed to get a massage on the day itself and arranged for a weekday evening the following month without any hassle.

at the same time, the sales lady did not force me to take on a new package. instead, she recalculated my outstanding balances and converted them all to massages with free-add treatment for each massage session.

you may want to try that as a lot of the taka members are unaware of this arrangement. by moving over, you don't have to go thru the stress of trying to book at taka anymore and hey, you are also helping those at taka by giving them one less angry member to deal with. :D

Unknown said...

Hmm... when I went to Taka to "settle", they mentioned that ex True Spa members are restricted to only Taka outlet. Hence, what the consultant did for me was merely recalculated my balance and informed me about the expiry date.

I guess for my case, I'm "stuck" with Taka branch since the so-called conversion was oreadi done.
=(

For those who are reading my blog, you may wanna try out this option??

yuzudinga said...

hello, i'm facing same problem with true spa and is taking actions against them. pls contact me at yuzudinga@yahoo.com.sg if you are interested to join in our discussions.

Anonymous said...

When I bought my TrueSpa package, I was told there is no expiry. Now that Subtle Senses took over, suddenly during my last visit, I was told my package expires in Jan 2011. This is a rude shock as I still have over 30 sessions. I have a new package with subtle senses and was a customer for the past years.

I am SUPER SUPER SUPER pissed by the customer service, and since the takeover, if my package is deem to have an expiry, why am I NOT informed any earlier!

This sucks big time!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ur case is sosimilar to mine.. my package expires in Aug 2011... Dubz.. and I also have 30 over sessions... I totally can understand how you are feeling now..

I will never sign up for any damn package from now on!

Cindi said...

Guys, you might not even have a chance to use the package now that none of the outlets are open. Time to sue them.