Grand Astor Afternoon Tea @ St Regis

3:50:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments


BRASSERIE LES SAVEURS @ ST REGIS
Venue: 29 Tanglin Road
Contact: 6506 6888

**********

I'm always on the lookout for refillable Hi Tea and so we went to St Regis for its semi buffet afternoon tea. The timing & price extracted from St Regis website:

The Grand Astor Afternoon Tea
Monday to Friday: 3pm to 5pm | SGD49++ per person
Sunday: 4pm to 6pm | SGD53++ per person
The Grand Astor Afternoon Tea Dance with Live Band
Saturday: 3pm to 5pm | SGD59++ per person

The afternoon tea is made up of a tea/coffee of your selection, a 3 tier platter, a lobster bisque with a small selection of buffet spread made of both sweet and savoury items.

If you are a small eater and looking for a great place to just chill out and chit chat with a group of friends,  I think Brasserie makes a good choice. The ambiance here is really nice, with a pianist playing in the background and a pool view. 

In fact, when I was there, most people dressed quite nicely; I was almost regretful of turning up in my shorts and sandals. Nah... I really dont care how people view my dressing, but it will be a good reason/occasion to play dress up since I'm rarely invited for any atas events. =p

However, if you are here solely for the food, hmmm... read on and you decide for yourself oki?
A pretty dessert display welcomed us at the entrance.
How could we miss out a chocolate fondue? But hor, those sticks looked quite pathetic and so I never eat the fondue lah.
Cheese, meringue and crepe station
Besides the sweet stuff, there were different kind of scones.
Dont forget the puffs and a small selection of sushi rolls and hams.
I 'attacked' the desserts first! The macaroons were good!
And our 3 tier platter for 2 arrived.
A good mixture of sandwiches, tarts and puff.
The highlight of the day aka lobster bisque!
The lobster bisque was really 'gao' but the portion was too miserable! It was just a cup size and the bisque was quickly absorbed by the puff that I could hardly scooped any soup for a picture. =(
Ice-cream station

However,we felt that the spread was too carbo based, so we didnt really like it. For the price of almost $60 per pax, we didnt think the spread is worth it.  Perhaps adding in some meats (hams are not considered real meats hor), seafood and salads will be better?  

As at now, my favourite refillable Hi Tea is still Rose Veranda, Tea Lounge and The Landing Point. If you know of any refillable Hi Tea, do drop me a comment!

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: