Korea 2015 - Garosugil / Hyehwa/Myeongdong

9:31:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

We went to Garosugil for cafe-hopping and some shopping. A trendy place to hang out indeed.

Garosugil (Paris of Korea / Tree Lined Street)
Subway: Sinsa Station, Exit 8
Direction: Walk straight for about 5 minutes.  The second intersecting street is Garosugil.  


The lined up trees will probably look nicer during the autumn period, but now it was just...erm, green trees.

We would love to visit more cafes but really, we were at the end of our Korea trip, and really could not eat so much anymore. Among the few that I had shortlisted (Miel, Dessertree, Dore Dore), we decided to go for Dore Dore  since the other 2 cafes are located further from the station. And if you have time, you could also visit Cheongdam-dong Fashion Street, the Champs Elysées of Korea or they say so, since I didnt go myself. Well, next trip!

Dore Dore
544-4 Sinsa-dong Gangnam-gu Seoul, South Korea

*******

Since I did not get to go Gamcheon Cultural Village at Busan to see the colourful houses with their murals, Ihwa Mural Village will help to make up my disappointment. Although hubby was saying what's so great about paintings on wall and he simply dun understanding tourists/locals flooding at a particular location just because there are wall paintings. 沒情调! LOL

Ihwa Mural Village 이화벽화마을
149-1. Ihwa-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul
Subway: Hyehwa Station, Exit 2
Direction: Walk along Daehangno for about 500m, turn left at Ihwajang-gil and walk up for another 400m

 
There were many Korean students, esp young gals lor. So, got to queue to take pictures... =_="

Saw this map near the Angel Wings, which will show you all the locations of the murals.
Street snack along the way, how can we resist? Keke

********

Myeongdong

Continued with Myeongdong where there is more street food, shopping and cafes! 
 
 Strawberry Mochi
My favourite street food ~ egg cake! I had this 3 times in my short duration in Seoul. It's a mixture of both sweet & savory which I simply cant resist, even if I was super full.

Taste was ordinary but so long it looked pretty, I would buy. #noresistance

Migabon
2F 2-2, Myeongdong 2 ga, Jung-gu  / 중구 명동2가 2-2
Subway: Myeong-dong Station, Exit 8
Direction: Turn left , go straight 50m and turn right at the first corner. Opposite Seoul Royal Hotel
We bought abalone and snow crab porridge at 10000won each. Simply yet nice, especially on a cold day.

Wangbijib 
63-3 Chungmuro 2(i)-ga (26 Myeongdong 8ga-gil) (above BeautiPlex)
Subway: Myeong-dong Station, Exit 9
Direction:  Turn left (above BeautiPlex). Go straight 50m and turn right at the first corner. Continue straight 70m and turn left. 2nd Floor
 
 
Back at our favourite grilled beef place at Myeongdong.

Luv Osulloc's green tea roll. Heng I didnt have to travel to Jeju to eat it, since there are outlets at Myeongdong, Dondaemum & Isadong. Better still if they open an outlet in Singapore..hehe *Dream on*

Lotte Mart 
Subway: Seoul, Exit 1
Direction: Connected to subway

And how could we miss out the tibits?? I really like their idea of using recycled cartons to pack your purchased items. Convenient for tourists to check in also. So hor, dun be surprised if you buy liao, the cashier never pack in plastic bags. Just go to where the cartons are ( near to the cashier) and do your own packing. 

That's it! I finally finished my 'itinerary' in my Korea trip.

Though now is probably not the best time to visit Korea, but if you are keen on my itinerary for future reference,feel free to drop me a comment and leave your email address.

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: