Sweet Stone [Closed]

11:04:00 PM Unknown 2 Comments

Was looking forward to visit this supposingly cheap and good belgium waffles at Golden Mile Food Centre. Finally went there when ah boy wanna buy shorts at the " Army Market" In case sotong out there, "Army Market" = Golden Mile Food Centre. Golden Mile Food Centre <> Golden Shoe Food Centre. WHAT? I'm confusing you more? Aiya, then you go see http://www.streetdirectory.com/ lor. Humpt

Well... Guess what?? Utter disappointment....

Maybe, that was slightly strong but expectation was not met. A bit pricey for a-super-long-walk-from-bugis-mrt and no air-con and maybe-will-be-trapped-if-raining location. And the presentation was neither good also ( served in styrofoam plate and bowl).

I ordered " 1 couple set " which meant 3 scoops + 2 waffles for $7.

You:" Wat Lau. 3+2 = 5 items for $7, cheap wat... You meow lah!"

Me:" Ya..Ya... See pictures first hor..."



Like that for $7!!!

The size of the plate was the one we normally use for bbq... and I must STRESS, the SMALL PLATE can!! And the container for ice-cream, ppl used to contain rice one lor. The 2 waffles and 3 scoops was all what ya can see in the picture.

But I must admit the waffles were indeed not too bad. Crispy crispy one. But then prolly to some, it might seem a bit tough. Ice-cream, normal lor. What? Ya mean it's gelato? Was it my taste bud, but I seriously think it was comparable to those Jingle Ring Ice Cream Man. Ha.

If I am to go there again which I doubt ( food quality & price dun warrant the long distance walk) , I will just order 1 waffles with chocolate sauce...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny that you factor your own long walking and rain to grade their waffles and gelato...

do you know you don't have to walk from Bugis? Hehe...

Unknown said...

Hee.. I know can take bus.. Coz that was how I went home after it, too lazy to walk again.

I dunno abt others, but for myself, I usually grade a place based on food quality, price and location.

So if the quality is good enuff to make up for the high price and poor location, ya I will go back. If not, then the location will also be a determining factor.

In this case, I somehow just dun feel worthwhile to travel "high and low" ( I stayed far north) and yet spent $7 for the waffles at a hawker centre. I just feel that the waffles are just normal lor.

Well, all personal opinions tot.. Take it with a pinch of salt! =p

Rgds,
Ashley