Absolute Haven [Closed]

7:55:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Have been busy planning my trip to London. It is great that I have friends staying in overseas => Free accommodation and free food?? It is an exciting yet tedious process of planning the itinerary, making sure that everything falls within my budget. Am budgeting only $4k for a trip of 13 days, which would include air ticket to London, train tickets to Scotland & Paris, entrance tickets to attraction places, accommodation, day tour and food. Mission impossible? Hmm, kind of, huh? So, PLS PLS, do email me if you know of any cheap/budget eating place in Scotland/Paris/ London? =p

Haha, back to my food review... Ya, I went to Absolute Haven at Prinsep Street last Sunday. Was closed when we reached there... I though so suay ar! Buy 4D oso not so chun! But heng ar, I smart.. I took the name card and called them outside the resturant. We were just too early as the place only opened at 6.30pm for dinner... hoho




Real Cool! They serve " strawberry ice water"! Haha, it was just ice water with slices of strawberry in it, so the ice water will have a nice strawberry fragrance. You cant see the strawberry because they just poured out from the jar ( with the strawberry slices) into my glass mah! See! Got strawberry seed for evidence!

Actually can try at home also.. grape water, banana water, mango water and erm... durian water? On 2nd thoughts, a bit yucky so... Nah!


Mushroom Soup $6.90

Puree version of mushroom soup - made freshly by pureeing portobello mushrooms, shitake mushrooms & button mushrooms.

Tasted exactly like mushrooms put together in a food blender. It was surprisingly light based despite of the brownish colour. But I personally much prefer normal creamy mushroom soup. I find the mushroom taste a bit too much. Well, but it was something different... Be adventurous mah!


Free Bread from the house! Or did we behave like two starving kids?? Hmmm.....


Pesto Crusted Cod - $26

Pan seared codfish with a layer of pesto crust, served with fresh asparagus, mango salsa and top with mesclun salad.

The chef was damn generous! The serving was big lor.. Codfish was expensive, so normally other places would give you tiny piece with a lot of salad. I thought the portion kinda justified the price. Keke..



The mango salsa was nice to whet up your appetite. Slightly sourish but that was bearable. And I love to eat mango!


What was pesto crusted? Who cares? I definitely cant make out what was pesto even at the end of the course. Looked at the cod ---> BEAUTIFUL. The fish will simply fall into slices with a little touch of the fork.. Mmm.. The memories was sweet.. Hehe



Oven-Roasted Yorkshire Pork Rack - $23

Served with herb new potato, vegetable ratatouille, drizzle with coffee chocolate sauce, and top with fresh mesclun salad

I was influenced by the movie " Ratatouille" and was just curious what was that actually? As you can see, it was just diced vegetable ( capsicum, carrot etc etc) grilled together. Nothing fantastic but it was just a side dish, so let it be..


The highlight was of coz the pork itself! It was so tender that for a moment, I thought I was eating beef, without the bloody scene. And it was juicy for every bite, that made the chewing much more enjoyable. But then, I could not tell that the sauce was "coffee chocolate" till I read the menu again...

This was given by the sweet lady boss for every couple who made a reservation at the restaurant. Pleasant gesture indeed... I'll definitely be back!

0 comments: