Japanese Booth @ Takashimaya Basement

12:11:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Heh you!

Talking to ya lah.. Stop looking around.

Come closer... I wanna tell you a secret.....
=p

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
This is my secret!


Alamak.... Why give me that disappointed look? Me leh! Of coz my secret is about food lor.. you think I'm going to disclose my ATM pin meh?? Keke... TKK lor

Anyway, I really like this Jap Booth at Taka. It is located at Taka basement, where the food court is. If you are walking from Auntie Annie direction, walk all the way in, pass by Harrods, towards the escalator, and you will be able to locate the booth just beside the escalator. Hmm, I'm trying my best to explain the location liao... =(

So what's so great about this Jap Booth???
Oden ($4)
 
They serve really nice Oden here, which is sth like Liang Tou Fu in Japanese Stye. The soup is boiled for a long long time, with goodies like seaweed, fishcake, egg and of coz RADISH!! The radish is cooked till perfection such that it is soft and sweet. Oh ya, they will put a spoonful of mustard at the bowl rim. Once, the mustard dropped into the soup itself and spolit the whole soup! I dun understand why Japanese like mustard in their soup but if you dun like, remember to tell the staff not to put lor, or put the mustard in a separate plate. I learned from experience, ya... hehe


Gindara Teriyaki Set ($14.50)
 

Gindara is actually cod fish. If you have craving for cod fish, do try out this stall! Coz the cod fish here is really fresh. The sauce is just nice to complement the fish, without being too overwhelming.


Ika Teriyaki Set ($10)
 

This is one of my fav --> ika aka sotong! The ika is chewy with every bit, without over exerting your jaws! So dun worry if you are wearing dentures... Hoho.. Oops..

Btw, each set comes with rice, miso soup ( with salmon bits inside), salad and side dish as well.

Side Dish
 


Salad 

Pardon my pictures as they were taken with my pathetic 2mp handphone camera. The food is definitely more appetizing than they look in the pictures. 

Anyway, all the prices stated is what you will be paying. If I rem correctly, there is no additional charges for service charge and GST. But then if my memory chip fails, dun come after me ar! Keke. Somemore, they also give free flow of green tea, so I though the price is relatively reasonable. They are cheaper last time, but price increase for about $1 in my last visit wor.. Bo pian lah, everything else also increase mah... 

Do also be prepared to wait here, coz they have limited seats. Basically, the seats are around the booth, so roughly can sit for about 10 people or so? Come a bit early if you wanna avoid the lunch/dinner crowd bah!

0 comments: