Miharu Sapporo Ramen

7:49:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

The other time I went Zenden, happened to pass by this Japanese restaurant. The smell of the soup base was so fragrance, that I told myself I had to try this out one of these days .... and so I did.

It was easily found as you just needed to follow the instinct of your nose. From far, we sniffed our way to the doorstep of the restaurant. Alas, it was still early and so we got to rot for half an hour.

By then, we were superb hungry liao, which would mean we polly be easily satisfied. Fear not, my Lords and Ladies! I'm professional and I shall bring forward the most unbiased judgment. Keke

Daikon - Amazu ($2)

Oh well, I thought everything work in a mathematics way like this:

Equation 1: Radish = Oden
Equation 2: Radish = Daikon

and so, Daikon = Oden



Silly of me! Radish can actually be served in another manner, beside being brewed in a soup base for a long long time. We would a bit shocked when the radish was served cold and hard! Sob!!! Not to mention, it was superb duper sour. After a bit or two, the dish was sent to "cold chamber".


Tokusen Tonshio ($12.50)

Special Pork Flavoured Blended With Salt

Tokusen Shoyu ($13)

Special Soy Sauce (Shoyu)

Both ramen were a bit disappointing for my liking. They were served too salty and nothing spectacular to leave an impression -> 1 char siew, 1 piece of seaweed, half egg and corn. I tot the presentation could be done much better.

Put aside my own personal opinions, the restaurant seemed to be kinda popular with the Japanese. In fact, in my " short duration" there, I oreadi saw 3 Japanese families. I guess it should be considered authentic such that it reminds the Japanese the taste of hometown. Do come here if you prefer the authentic ( aka salty) ramen bah!

**********

MIHARU SAPPORO RAMEN
Venue: 76 Robertson Quay #01-01
The Gallery Hotel S(238 254)
Contact: 6733 8464
Times: 12pm - 3pm (Lunch)
6pm - 10pm ( Dinner)

0 comments: