Double Bay [Closed]

10:15:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Double Bay was recommended by my colleague, who had studied in Australia and obviously still missed the life there. What else to rekindle the fond memories, other than an authetic taste of a Australia Fish & Chips? =p

Since Double Bay was conveniently located at Raffles City, I decided to check this out with a fren. We arrived at Double Bay at around 6+pm on a Thursday night, which was still relatively empty. You can choose between indoor or alfresco dining. Weather was damn hot these few days, needless to say, we chosen the comfort of air con dining... keke



The menu is not considered extensive, mainly fishes. Other than that, they do offer other mains as well for those who opt to be different.

The signature dish is of coz Fish & Chips, which comes in 3 choices of batter - beer, coriander with butter or breaded. There is also more variety in the fish types offered, not the typical dory fish. Prices wise is of the higher end of $20+ or more.

As you can see, the fish is served in 3 small pieces, paired up with generous serving of fat chips and salad. My gal fren couldn't finish her plate even though other reviews were commenting that the serving does not justified the cost. Well, guess it's really up to individuals to decide whether the serving is considered big, small or just nice.

I find the fish fresh and the batter was not too overwhelming, just enough to give you a tinge of crispiness. Personally, I dun fancy Fish & Chips, coz many places tend to serve fish that are not fresh and simply fried the fish to cover up. Some places served batter that were so much that you found yourself eating batter rather than fish. * Shrugged *



I ordered grilled cod fish instead as I was having slight sore throat then. The serving was really small, definitely not enough to feed a man. The sides were just mashed potato and some vege. The taste was alright but just not as "attractive" as the Fish & Chips.



My fren ordered dessert wine as well. Think it was around $11? I cant really remember...

Overall, I will definitely just go for Fish & Chips rather than other dishes if I'm here again. It's kinda pricy ( we paid around $30+ each after all taxes & svcs) for everyday meal. But if you do feel like splurging on a Fish & Chips, I think Double Bay makes a nice choice.

A lot of people are commenting that Fish & Chips are better at Greenwood Fish Market. I've never been there before, so I cant really compare. But for me who dun really drives around, Greenwood is too troublesome to go. Ya, so if I consider accessibility as a decision tree criteria, I think Double Bay wins... hahaha

********

DOUBLE BAY
Venue: Raffles City Shopping Centre, #01-22A
Contact: 6334 6530

0 comments: