[Closed] Chin Huat Live Seafood Pte Ltd (Thomson Branch)

10:31:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

After much, much, much procrastination, I decided to "pick up my pen to write again"... erm, I meant blog... keke

Anyway, I saw this buffet being advertised on the TV quite some time ago and have always wanted to check it out. Basically because it is a buffet, it's cheap and nearby. You dont really need fanciful reasons to starve yourself silly!

It was kinda empty when me and my fren reached the place. I guess we were the KIASU lot, being the pioneer group of customer on a Saturday night.

The variety of food was damn LOT! From salad, vegetables, seafood, meat, cooked food to dessert! Well, the pictures spoke for themselves.. I like it especially, because the same kind of meat/seafood came with different marination such as black pepper, spicy... We were really spolit for choice.


Salad Bar

I dint have the chance to eat this, as we attacked straight for the seafood and meat. After which, we were simply too full to eat the salad liao...

Age is really catching up! Sad man! I used to eat a lot, but my appetite seems to decrease over the years, even though there were people who were "disgusted" by the amount of food I ate. I guess, different people have different threshold. =p


Steamboat Bar

Basically anything you can think of, can be found here. Fish balls, meat balls, liang toufu etc. Not my favourite stall though. If you are the healthy type, perhaps here can offer much more variety than the other places.


Meat & Seafood Bar


As I mentioned earlier, they offers not just a variety of meat & seafood, but a lot of variety of marination for each kind of meat/seafood. Very thoughtful indeed. I'm sure you can find something you like here!


Vegetable Bar

Beats me why the banana was doing at the vegetable bar? For the soup base? For grill? For BBQ? Erm..... * Shrugged*


Cooked Food

If you are those kind who dun feel full without noodles/rice, there were also fried noodles and rice here. But I sure dun wan to "waste" my storage space by frequenting this counter lo... Hee


Teppanyaki?

BBQ?

By the way, beside having the variety in food and marination, there was also variety in how you wanna cook the food! Isnt that fantastic? 4 options: Teppanyaki, BBQ, steamboat ( yuan yang) or eat it raw!!! Hahah

Dessert Bar

I thought the dessert bar was only so-so, dint really look very appealing to me....


Our yuan yang pot


Oh ya, each person is only entitled to 100g of fresh prawn and crab. Basically, you just need to go to the Seafood Bar, and the staff will "measure" the right portion to you. Btw, the photo showed the portion for 2 hor..



We choose to BBQ our seafood. The prawns were still ok, but the crab was a bit overdone. Perhaps, because the crab was too small, so when grilled over fire, the meat kinda shrunk.. I noticed many people boiled the crab in soup, I think that was a better idea lah. Bo pian, cannot "refund" and asked them to re-do the crab, so ended up we dint really eat the crab except for the "gong".

Some pictures of other food that we ate:





Overall, I think the variety justify the price. If I remember correctly, it was around $25 on weekends and $18 on weekdays. Whether there's difference between lunch or dinner, I dunno hor. But of coz, if you are looking for nice ambiance & quality food, you are looking at a wrong place lah!

0 comments: