Melaka ( Part 1)

11:24:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Yo! I'm back! Super BLUES ar....... How I wish holidays can last forever & ever!! I'm sure that's everyone's dream as well! No work but play!!

" I wanna be HOLIDAY HELPER!! Help people to go holiday!! ^_* "
 
P.S Copyright reserved for the cute little boy featured in the NDP

Ok, for those who are unaware... Yup! I just came back from malacca. Hmm, not that Malcacca is super exciting lah, but basically it's the idea of holidaying that give me joys! =p

Well, you will be able to finish touring the old Malacca Town, where most of the tourist attractions ( Stadhuys, Jonker Street, churches) are situated, within a day.

We were there for 3D2N, so ended up having a lot of time, nua-ing around and catching G.I.Joe at the shopping mall. Still, it was a cheap getaway, it was about $350 for the coach and accomodation at Holiday Inn for 2 pax.



This picture was taken to "prove" that I was really at Melaka aka Malacca! Hee


This is one of "must go" places where you can find lots of chicken rice balls shops, nyonya food etc. I mean, there arent many places to go also lah.. so if you dun come here, there's nothing much for you to do at Malacaa.... HOHOHO

Put that aside, they do have interesting shops that sell painting & antiques around the area if you are the artistic kind. And also, they will have night markets from Friday - Sunday. Stalls will sprout up at around 7pm.
I find the night market kinda "exotic" because I saw..


  • Funeral parlour along the street, and there was really a priest chanting with the family members kneeling down




  • Stall selling "cai fan" aka mixed vegetable rice, just by setting a table with pots of different vegetables and meats. Look more like a mass family dinner to me




  • People singing KTV, again in the middle of the street



Geographer Cafe @ Jonker Street


Guess what is it?
*
*
*


It's a speaker plus fan on the ceiling in the cafe... random photo that I took and edited using my Sony T70. Heh... trying to create a nostagic feeling...





Opposite Jonker Street, you will find yourself in Stadhuys. Actually till now, I'm still a bit confused, is Stadhuys a building or the area of red buildings? Haha... But I guess it's the whole area.

Why are all the buildings in red? Well, dun ask me... I went to Malacca to nua and not to attend history lessons, and my history is never good in school... so hor... I DUNNO! =p

Keke.. But I can attempt to give a bimbo answer => So that photos will turn up nice! Imagine the buildings are white instead of red, dont you think the photos will be quite dull?




Totally unrelated photo... But this is situated at the junction between Jonker Street & Stadhuys.. so hor, if you are so goon goon and get lost here, look out for this as a landmark! Anyway, there's a chendol stall nearby, so you may wanna try it since you are there!!




After the famous drama serial " Little Nyonya", I guess everyone is curious to find out more about the history. Where to know more other than a visit at the Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum? Take note of the timing though coz it is a guided tour, so you wont want to miss it when you are there...
Timing: 10am -12:30pm & 2:30pm-4:30pm

No photos allow in the musuem, so too bad lah, I cant share anything much here. Probably because they charge entrance fee of RM8 for adults, so they wont want people who came here before, posting photos online and end up nobody visits the museum itself! Haha

It's a privately owned musuem, which basically is the house make up of 3 blocks for this nyonya family in the past. Now they are oreadi in their fourth generation who has converted the old house into a musuem/cafe/motel.

The house itself is not as big as I thought it is as seen from the TV show and only 2 out of the 3 block is the musuem. The last block which is supposed to be the kitchen area has been converted to a cafe with bedroom at the 2nd floor for stay.

Some of the interesting facts as told by the guide:


  • All the furnitures do not have nail on them. According to the Chinese, nails are meant for coffins so the furnitures were glued together instead. Amazing how strong the glue though, coz the furnitures are those heavy wood...





  • In the past, the houses did not have addresses, so hor, they have these big latterns with their surname painted on them hung outside the door for people to identify




  • The staircases to the 2nd floor have a cover, which will be locked at night. This is to prevent kids from falling down the staircases as well as preventing husband from sneaking in/out at night. Brilliant invention! Keke



Some other photo spots.....








    Inside the fort..






    This is quite similar to the Sentosa's Carlsberg, revolving observation deck. I will suggest to do this on your last day when you really have nothing else to do. Coz there isnt much scenaries, so not really worth the RM20. What you will be able to see on top, are basically places mentioned above, so I dun really find it fasinating... Haha..

    Ok, I come to the end of my sight seeing in Melaka, await for my Melaka ( Part 2)! ^_^


    0 comments: