Melaka Trip ( Part 2)

10:19:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I dint eat a lot of food in melaka, considering that we only had time for 2 lunch & 2 dinner and there was only the 2 of us. So dun be disappointed ya? I'm sure if you have gone with a bigger group, there should be more stuff to stuff yourself silly.. Keke

Then again, we tried some street side food in Jonker night market, consisting of fried carrot cake and fried kuay teow ( pictures not shown here since not very well taken). The latter was still passable but the carrot cake dint taste so good. So hor, I think it's still a better idea to do some "background checks", especially from the locals, to find out what's good!


The famous Hoe Kee Chicken Rice Balls






We were given approximately 15 rice balls for portion for 2 pax. I dun think the rice balls were that fasinating, but bf commented that the rice balls were more fragrant... Dun get me wrong, I'm not saying it was not good but I thought that there is not much differences from normal chicken rice and chicken rice balls.

The chicken itself was tender and nicely sauced. However, the portion was really too small, it would be better if they gave more lah! Haha...


Nyonya Delicacies

We couldnt possibly miss out Nyonya food after watching the " Little Nyonya". Well, there's a lot of shops, eateries selling nyonya food, so no worries about looking for one. But dun ask me which is the best... I dunno also, I just tik kam ( aka anyhow pick). Keke
But we decided to have tea-break after touring around the Baba & Nyonya Heritage Mueseum, so we went to try out the Nyonya dishes at the converted cafe.



Both were good, but too bad we had lunch earlier so couldnt really order a lot.. >.<

The "Top Hats" were quite similar to poh pian aka spring rolls, in fact I think this can be found in Singapore as well. But I like the fact that the "hats" remained crispy, and the size was just nice in just 1 mouthful.
*Ponder*
Well, I guess it depends very much on your mouth size and of coz how demure you are. I'm not demure when comes to eating... wahahhaha
The Pong Teh chicken reminded me of something cooked by grannies. A very old familiar taste. The dish tasted sweet despite of the soy bean paste. Both the chicken and the potato were of the right texture. Made me wanna eat rice... =p

This was brought along the street. I dun like it though coz it tasted more like biscuit. The pineapple fillings was also too light! My bf said he liked it precisely because it didnt have much pineapple taste as compared to those that we ate during CNY -_-"


Newton Food Centre

Not to worry! This is not the one, ya know I know, that sold grilled prawn at super steep pricing!This one at Malacca, Malaysia... cheap cheap one.. hehe



Haha, the prawns totally covered the satay!

But I regretted ordering the prawns la, coz the shell sticked to the meat, making it kinda difficult to eat la. Not too sure whether it was because the prawns were not fresh enough, or because the prawns were grilled and not exactly super big ones, so became drier and everything stick together.

Heh, I'm fair one!


Bak Kut Teh was delicious, and more "excitement" in terms of the ingredients. They put celery, mushrooms, pig stomach, tofu on top of the usual pork ribs. The soup was tasty and fragrant too.
Think next time if I go Msia, I will order Bak Kut Teh again!


Dessert





Basically there wasnt much choices except for Chendol. Haha.. everywhere you go, you will find chendol shop/stall. This was bought from the stall opposite Stadhuys.

If you ask me, I find no particular uniquity in Chendol in Malacca. It is just the "whole package" about reminising old days, sitting along the street side under a big rambutan (?) tree, enjoying a bowl of chendol and doing people-watching.

It's called Simplicity, something that you should slowly devour if you are a city kid like me.

Ok, that's basically summarize my Malacca Trip... Nothing exhilarating, nothing to wow about.. it's just about slowing down footstep, so that time will seem not to have slipped through my fingers so easily...

0 comments: