Riders Cafe

9:06:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

We were out driving one day, so we decided to "explore" for new place and chanced upon this serene side of the city.

It is located beside Bukit Timah Saddle Club. Definitely you will need to drive to come here as it's still a distance from the main road. Precisely because of the location, you find yourself temporary transported to a "countryside".

As we drove into the small roads leading to the resturant area ( where Rider Cafe & Mimolette are located), we were greeted by greeneries & more greeneris. No more "ugly" sight of blocks of buildings. It's just trees, pastures and horses. If you are lucky, perhaps you can catch sight of the white horse, which I did. Keke

Anyway, you just have to come here yourself to know what I meant.. I like the surroundings much better than the food...haha..


Area around Rider's Cafe








Inside Rider's Cafe







Our Dinner



Mushroom Soup - $8

The mushroom soup was good. It was thick without overdoing it, with small bites of mushroom. Nice way to start your dinner as you "warm up" your stomach for the mains..



Weekly Catch - $26


The fish was ok, cant remember what fish was that. It came with this sweet sauce that blended nicely with the grilled fish, definitely a healthier choice!





Moroccan Duck - $24


I had the duck, which came with the usual cranberry sauce. The duck meat was tender enough but simply not filling, which did unjustice to the price.

*******

Overall, I think the food are ok, albeit on the high end side and the bill came up to approximately $68.

Well, I have a cheapo suggestion. Bring your own picnic basket and just come here to enjoy the greeneries and fresher air!

I got to admit, I havent tried that, so if you manage to "achieve" it without being chased away by the personnel-in-charge, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Cross my heart, I'm really not using you as a guinea pig.. ^_^

*********

RIDERS CAFE

Venue: 51 Fairways Drive

Contact: 6466 9819

0 comments: